The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, after last nights game there was an immediate highlights from Sportsnet and they edited out the interference & only showed the failed breakaway (perhaps Anderson was so shocked that they did not call it and misfired).   Also, went to a few Habs blogspot and it was not even mentioned - original six bias; LOSER got there second straight loser point.   

Wonder how the Zebras will be managing today’s game; nothing really special about that Habs team - imo cause outside of us they had been pretty much avg against other teams.   

They were pretty average against the Canucks last night... they and Ottawa looked about the same intensity.

Again, league parity is so fickle.

Edited by Me_
9 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

And a loss will mean Demko will be asking more during the off season 

What?

14 minutes ago, khay said:

This is why I’m hopeful that we can catch them. 

they are 5-0-3 against us. Guess how many games they are above five hundred? 5. Take out their record against us, and you have a mediocre team with 8-8-9 record. 

how about our Canucks?

16-16-2. Take out 3-5-0 record against them and you have a team playing over .500 with the record of 13-11-2. 

a regulation win would be great tonight. 

Yeah, a regulation win would been nice and with the Zebras help the circumstances were setting up perfectly for last minute special against us.  Hope the officiating left the team with a bad taste in there mouth and come out with energy but disciplined cause the Zebras will be looking to perhaps swing this game (again) in the Habs favor; lets beat them bad to another coaching change - losers !  It is hard enough to beat a team in the NHL and with the Zebras bias officiating it is just unfair.   

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

Anyone able to translate whatever the hell Drance was trying to ask in that last question?

I feel like he lost the plot a little bit...

He had the plot at some point?

• Haha 3

I hope Holtby plays lights out today, but more importantly I hope they play as a team tonight. If they play a solid defensive game today goaltending shouldn't be a problem. It also feels like even though we are winning more, we are scoring less since Petey's absence, I'd like for them to score 5 tonight. 

• Vintage 1
2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

They were pretty average agains the Canucks last night... they and Ottawa looked about the intensity.

Yeah, the schedule is perhaps affecting them but they still have some advantage if the Zebras will be officiating all there games like they did last night - LOSERS !

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Juolevi certainly has the higher ceiling and, even right now, is probably the better puck mover. But he's also young, inexperienced and less consistent.

Benn for his own part, is playing pretty well at the moment and, as you hinted at, brings a certain amount of veteran stability and consistency. And stability/consistency is the one thing this team was missing in January and has desperately needed, in any measure, to get back on track here. 

While I too would love to see Juolevi playing and continuing to develop (I've been pumping his tires for years), I completely get why we're presently seeing Benn instead, in the context of this weird season and our poor/unstable start.

yup can't argue with this. Just want to see OJ too. I want everything, I'm like a toddler. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

No Toffoli tonight.

I know I shouldn't be happy because he's a good player and it sucks he's injured... But if he an Perry could leave I'd be happy. 

Edited by DS4quality
12 minutes ago, lmm said:

With all that said, many high sticks cause no iinjuries, so there is no need to go overboard with play stoppages because the refs had one bad game.

the refs should have to answer for their poor perfomance, but no need to change tthe rules

I just think there’s something a little messed up when the rules say that if a team contacts the puck with a high stick and then continues play/possession, it’s blown down. But they contact a player’s head/face with a high stick, play can continue, so long as it’s considered a follow-through (and regardless of whether or not there’s an injury on the play).

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, a regulation win would been nice and with Zebras help the circumstances were setting up perfectly for last minute special against us.  Hope the officiating left the team with a bad taste in there mouth and come out with energy but disciplined cause the Zebras will be looking to perhaps swing this game (again) in the Habs favor; let beat them bad to another coaching change - losers !  It is hard enough to beat a team in the NHL and with the Zebras bias officiating it is just unfair.   

While i agree that the officiating was very suspect

The call against Rous was bad. The none call against bleeding TM was bad

The non interference call that lead to the breakaway was brutal

So as i agree that the Zebras called a suspect game, Biased is very difficult to prove. Zebras have bosses that evaluate their performances and one can only hope that they have been spoken too?

Just my 2 cents, IMHO

3 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

While i agree that the officiating was very suspect

The call against Rous was bad. The none call against bleeding TM was bad

The non interference call that lead to the breakaway was brutal

So as i agree that the Zebras called a suspect game, Biased is very difficult to prove. Zebras have bosses that evaluate their performances and one can only hope that they have been spoken too?

Just my 2 cents, IMHO

Is there a regulatory body that evaluates NHL official performances? I’ve heard very much to the contrary. 

19 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Yes of course that is what I meant as well. 

Juolevi looks like a future Ohlund out there. I’m sure his understanding of the game is going through the roof right now. 

He’ll get his chance to finally turn full time. It’s very close for him. What surprised me most in the games he has played, is the cold blooded hits with a total lack of fear. 

He’s going to hurt opponents that kid.

I think when it comes to OJ the fact that this is really only his 3rd healthy season since being drafted and 1st since the Knee tear taking it slow is best.

Because of all the setbacks, I gauge his progress more compared to 2018 picks. His growth kind of came out of nowhere in the bubble last season and has trended up since then. The previous 2 seasons were basically right- offs development-wise.

This season he's been good and I think being up here in this situation will be good long-term. He gets to come in practice with pros while not being rushed. Let him get his game back to pre-injury and next season he should be ready to take a full-time spot.

Edited by Alienhuggyflow
  • Vintage 2
14 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, the schedule is perhaps affecting them but they still have some advantage if the Zebras will be officiating all there games like they did last night - LOSERS !

It’s not that bad. Calls are always missed. Both sides had their fair share of frustrations concerning the referees.

I was pretty ticked off as well, the non call on Myers which left him bleeding... but the Motte shot out of the building is inexcusably a penalty.

These things happen.they found a way to win and that’s the most important part.

Edited by Me_

It really is a shame the schedule was such a stupid mess by the NHL to have us play so many games early compared to pretty much every team in the league.  They all got a slower start and practices while we had to play through it. The team has some issues sure but that is what has really screwed them. Well that the refs as usual ;) 

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Is there a regulatory body that evaluates NHL official performances? I’ve heard very much to the contrary. 

Their is. Each refs game is judged through a points system, which decides who gets the playoff games where pay is a lot higher. There is more to it but I read a former refs explanation on HF and it sounds like a lot goes on behind the scenes, for example part of the refs grade is reflected on the teams involved in the game. 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS