The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

Here’s the thing. Montréal was not the team we were likely to catch with so many games in hand. I knew it would be tough to beat them two in a row. 

Keep at it and we will catch Edmonton or Winnipeg. 

We don’t have to play Montréal again so hopefully they go on a tear and win some games against those other teams. 

Exactly, we're chasing Edmonton

1 minute ago, Apricot said:

This isnt Holtby's fault, he was screened on the goals but I do think that the team overall plays somewhat better when Demko is in net, but thats just me. 

Holtby could’ve had the last two. Not a great game on his end. Not gonna fault him in the shootout though, that Tatar deke was filthy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zetagumdam said:

All the hard work done on this road trip wasted.  Still 2 points behind habs.  
I know one should start the backup goalie in one of the back to back games in order to protect the starting goalie.  Totally understand.  But pls don’t start Holtby again until the Canucks knows how to limit the number on shots conceded.  Holtby is now just an average goalie.  Just look at the goals he has let in...

One point back not two...

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Apricot said:

Don't understand why Vesey is getting so many chances already 

Green trying to see what he has in Vesey. So far I’m not impressed. He held out on a contract with Nashville thinking he was going to be the next Martin St Louis 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Means nothing.

2 weeks ago we had a less than 1% chance. In another two weeks we might have a 30% chance.

So many X factors with teams playing games every night.

Hopefully we get points in these two games against the Jets. Then all we can do is sit back for a week and see where the standings are. We'll have a better idea of our chances by April 1