The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Means nothing.

2 weeks ago we had a less than 1% chance. In another two weeks we might have a 30% chance.

So many X factors with teams playing games every night.

not, really. we have to get about 32 points out of the next 21 games

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm just pissed. Between us sitting back every time we had a lead, some of the obvious missed calls, and MTL disgracing the sport with that OT.... infuriating.

Point 1: agreed 

Point 2: enough ref blaming, they gifted us a goal in both Ottawa games, they may be bad but their badness swings both ways.

Point 3: I thought WTF last game, you’d think after seeing the reply someone would realize how stupid it was and not try it again a day later.

5 minutes ago, Apricot said:

Don't understand why Vesey is getting so many chances already 

Get that Motte is so valuable in the bottom six the team needs him there.   But Pearson is out, give him a shot on Horvats wing, sure Vessey can manage his minutes... 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Why do you punish yourself?  

Tell me what was great about it? They were badly outshot and the goaltending was just ok. The reality is we didn't have one regulation win this season vs Montreal. The defensive system is awful. It's great we have Demko but stop pretending like fans should always be satisfied. If you don't like my comments then don't respond to them but why question why I watch the games. I am a fan no matter what but I am also realistic. You make it seem like it's bad to critisize when its warranted. They didn't play well tonight. They should be able to get one regulation win against Montreal.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Coconuts said:

I'm convinced we'd be in a playoff spot right now if we had competent coaches behind our bench. I've mixed feelings about Green, but Baumgartner and Brown are awful. 

When you're being killed in shots on net and shot attempts you're going to lose more than you win and we have. This team bleeds shots and scoring chances, we have good enough players that this shouldn't be the case. 

well, that would be greens fault. it's his choice to employ the one across the line offense.

10 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

No way we shoulda came out of this two game series even.  Brutal reffing last game, and a brutal team this game.  I knew Tatar was gonna score in the shootout.  He's one of those players who's not a top line player but always seems to own the Canucks.

Yep....I had a feeling with him too.  

Back to atrocious in their own zone, last two periods at least.  Last night's game they were much better at it and carried their share of the play.  Tonight - atrocious in their own zone.  Their achilles heel all season to different degrees.  Frustrating as hell to watch. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Happy to get a point tonight.

Lots more work to do in that h#ll hole we call our defensive zone, but we're still in the race

Calgary losing tonight helps too

Not quite even Calgary lost.  Habs is the team we need to catch up on in order to be in the playoffs.  This is the last meeting with Habs and no more 4 pointer games.  We now have to depend on other teams to beat them in order to over take the Habs.  Not in our hands anymore.  That’s why people say this is the biggest game of the season for both teams.  
just my own view though