The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

32 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

That’s my feeling as well. With his elusiveness and creativity with the puck he seems made for 3 on 3.

I’m guessing Green is hesitant to put Hogz out there because he’s worried about him knowing his defensive responsibilities. Green seems to only trust his vets.

March 5:  Benning says the Canucks are two years away from competing (implies that selling/retooling in the short-term would be beneficial)

March 21:  The Canucks are "waiting" to take calls on their players.

???

Edited by Alain Vigneault

5 minutes ago, Schmautzie said:

I’m guessing Green is hesitant to put Hogz out there because he’s worried about him knowing his defensive responsibilities. Green seems to only trust his vets.

With more speed on the pk we'd have 4 or 5 more shorties.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Schmautzie said:

You’re right about Green but I prefer to go on the offensive and dictate the play in ot and Hogz is tenacious on puck battles. Just seems like a lot of upside for 3 on 3.

10 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

March 5:  Benning says the Canucks are two years away from competing (implies that selling/retooling in the short-term would be beneficial)

???

Just trust in the process, AV. :)

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

You’re right about Green but I prefer to go on the offensive and dictate the play in ot and Hogz is tenacious on puck battles. Just seems like a lot of upside for 3 on 3.

I’d like to see Hogz and Hughes play as forwards together in O/T with Schmidt on defence.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

I might watch the taped game after work, but how did Vesey look?

Green played him a lot. On PP1, in OT, etc. He looked okay.  Too early to tell in my opinion.  I don't think he was brought here to be a replacement for Petey given his career stats are on par with Virtanen's but he was given that role tonight and he handled it okay.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

???

He doesn't have a plan. I think this is what it mostly shows. It's consistent with his time here. We're a playoff team, we aren't one. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

I might watch the taped game after work, but how did Vesey look?

Fine, but he lacks the jump & opportunistic energy of Motte, nor does he have the skill, passing or former-sniping instincts of Petey...otherwise he’s a very serviceable player - but he needs a few of those things mentioned to warrant being a top-liner for long. He  caught on quickly so he’s thinking out there, at least. 

Green has him there because he & Miller have a connection & playing-history. With virtually no practice time, it’s a desperation move. 

Vesey is just as valuable, if not more,  than anyone else remaining upon the taxi squad, as the team’s infirmary fills-up with LTIR bodies.

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Schmautzie said:

I’d like to see Hogz and Hughes play as forwards together in O/T with Schmidt on defence.

Ya, what I would like to know is what is Green waiting for? He can't get experience if you don't give him any minutes in the extra frame. It's kind of dumb when he has been the least of problems when it comes to defense in their own end. He should be ahead of Virtanen at least. Makes no sense. Juolevi is another that makes no sense. He should be ahead of Benn. He still needs time and development. It's not good for him to be sitting all the time.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

Our season record against the Habs ends with a Canuck record of 3-5-1 and a Habs record of 6-0-3.

We never beat the Habs in regulation this year. They have points in every game against us. 5 of 6 of our losses against them ended in regulation.

Safe to say Habs are happy with the result of this matchup.