The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

10 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Unfortunately it's a bad habit JB has; he overpays for people.

A quick look at Holtby's stats would tell you that he peaked from 2014/15 to 2016/17 during which time he had 21 shutouts.

In his last year in Washington he had no shutouts, his save percentage was below 9.00 and he allowed over 3 goals per game. For most managers that would have set the alarm bells ringing.

Jimmy's a grat believer in the "BounceBack" season

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I could see Vesey taking Pears spot at a much cheaper rate.... not sure how I feel about that at the moment, I need to see more out of Vesey first. If Pearson was willing to take under 3 mil AAV then maybe thats the right approach, Vesey isn't exactly young either.

Ah Spooner, we hardly knew you buddy. 

The thing I'd miss is Pearson is one of the few players that hits. If Pearson was making $2 million I doubt anyone would be complaining. 

• Cheers 3

30 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Benn will likely be traded at TDL.  He's a UFA, so he can be re-siged in the off season.

Hamonic is a UFA and can be re-signed in the off season.

Protect Schmidt, Myers and Juolevi

Maybe Gaud or Jake could be packaged with a (2nd) to unload LE contract?

They need a D with 27/54 games and signed through 2021/22 to expose.  They have to expose one of Schmidt or Myers if they don’t extend Benn or trade for such a D.

• Vintage 2

2 hours ago, stawns said:

exactly, a goalie doesn't exist outside of the realm of the team.  He's a part of the team........I don't get all the goalie shaming.

the Goalie Graveyard never really leaves us... just goes underground every once in a while

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Funny thing is we're still right in it. it's going to come down to the wire. We actually stayed close enough.

yup there is a narrow path thats not closed yet. I think we can handle Cowgary, we need MTL to go on some bad luck or maybe just not have a French ref on the ice. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The thing I'd miss is Pearson is one of the few players that hits. If Pearson was making $2 million I doubt anyone would be complaining. 

he's a hard guy to put a $ figure on for me going forward. His offence seems to have dried up, but is that just a covid year thing that a lot of otherwise good players, are going though, or is he starting his decline?

If we do bring him back, I don't see why we need term though. I think I'd be puckered over him getting a 3 year deal, e.g. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, mll said:

They need a D with 27/54 games and signed through 2021/22 to expose.  They have to expose one of Schmidt or Myers if they don’t extend Benn or trade for such a D.

whats the earliest date we can extend Benn or Hamonic? 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

29 minutes ago, lmm said:

TEAM LOOKED TIRED YESTERDAY

especially Hoggy 

too bad we never bring in fresh blood pre-emptively

Grao for a game might give some jump rather than waiting for the wheels to fall off

I remember in the off-season folks saying the compressed schedule would force Green to insert players

I guess he proved those fans wrong

YAAAAAAY

Another Green dig post.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Unfortunately it's a bad habit JB has; he overpays for people.

A quick look at Holtby's stats would tell you that he peaked from 2014/15 to 2016/17 during which time he had 21 shutouts.

In his last year in Washington he had no shutouts, his save percentage was below 9.00 and he allowed over 3 goals per game. For most managers that would have set the alarm bells ringing.

Well then I’m happy Benning isn’t your every day normal “manager”.

Won 7 of their last 9.

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Someone mentioned, trying to grab Rod Brind'Amour as head coach when his contract lapses. Rod I think is just the kind of coach we need. He will make sure players are both mentally and physically ready for games. I'd be curious to see how Gaudette and Virtanen would be under his watch. If after 1/4 of the season Rod says move them. I'd believe what he says. I think he'll get the players working more as a unit, and we'd see better results. Hopefully it won't be as ugly as say trying to get Pat Quinn from Los Angeles. 

But he seems to be just what the doctor ordered. 

Won 7 of 9 and the dude is thinking of replacing the coach.

You’re talking as if firing Green is a fait accomplit and the Canucks are looking for a coach.

Delusional and asinine at best.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Won 7 of 9 and the dude is thinking of replacing the coach.

You’re talking as if firing Green is a fait accomplit and the Canucks are looking for a coach.

Delusional and asinine at best.

1) Coach has not been renewed yet.

2) There has been not only a bad start but lots of inconsistency. 

Shouldn't everything be looked at? Especially if the team struggles at the end. 

It's not like the team has gone 20-10-5. 

Yes, nothing is written yet. 

A good manager would have contingency plans. Even if it's just turfing the assistants. 

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Me_ said:

From goalie hating, to goalie shaming...

...what’s next? Goalie canceling?

False humility aggravates me to no end.

I don’t understand how fans don’t see the beauty of this uprising team.

A lot of these "so-called fans" only show up when it's going real bad so they can throw their digs in. Thankfully, it's been a lot more quieter lately. But they're there, silently waiting in the wings, ready to pounce at any moment! 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

12 hours ago, Convincing John said:

I’m not sold on their goalie. Remember the stacked Shark teams that were favourites every year? Nabokov was their only weakness and it cost them like 3-5 Stanley cups lol. That’s the Avs. 

Grubauer one of best goalies in league this season. Hes the hottest goalie in the NHL lately... playing even better than Demko..  

I think total 2 goals allowed last 5 games.. 

And the team is scoring goals at will. Back to back 5+ goals scored..

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Grubauer one of best goalies in league this season. Hes the hottest goalie in the NHL lately... playing even better than Demko..  

I think total 2 goals allowed last 5 games.. 

And the team is scoring goals at will. Back to back 5+ goals scored..

It’s the regular season. He hasn’t proven anything in the playoffs.