The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

What a scum Ron MacLean is....

Anyone catch that last nasty little comment from him at the end of the game?

"...and Montreal puts a dagger into Canucks heart"....

So much relish and venom in his voice... he really hates Vancouver and couldn't restrain himself from gloating.

This is a guy who likes to point to himself as embodying the soul of Canadian hockey with love for the game across the country.

When actually he is a slimy weasel who only lives to suck up to his favourites... those in the so-called center of universe who give him his big contracts.

What a puke.

people talk smack about Cassie Campbell's voice or a whole bunch of hate for other sportscasters

no one makes me mute/change  the channel faster than Ron

I probly mist it cuz I don't hang around long enough when his segment comes on

my nightmare would be to get Tara Sloan's job...yug

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

42 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

Yeah, tells them you guys $&!# the bed in the beginning of the season. Do it again next season and you will be traded. 

Sure fire way to have Petey, Hughes, Demko, Miller, Horvat, and anyone worth their salt to immediately request trades out of Vancouver. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, lmm said:

people talk smack about Cassie Campbell's voice or a whole bunch of hate for other sportscasters

I’ll second this! Haven’t watched a MacLean segment since his Burrows BS. The guy is so full of himself.

CA5FE683-2AC1-46A9-815A-BFBBBCD7EDE6.gif

Edited by 4petesake
Sp
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

Yeah, tells them you guys $&!# the bed in the beginning of the season. Do it again next season and you will be traded. 

Yes cause lets just completely write the entire second half of the season off because some fans are still salty about the first half.

How about waiting to see how the next 2 weeks go before making that call. Why would they be sellers if they’re a few points out of a spot? 

The only way we trade a player is if they feel comfortable enough they have a replacement. Like we can trade Roussel and Pearson and still stay in the fight. We trade Sutter and Beagle we’re pretty much throwing in the towel (that ain’t happening).

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, lmm said:

I think this "message to the players/ How you treat your new free agents/ Sedins deserved another run"  stuff gets way too much milage around here.

there is a large portion of this fan base that have such an inferiority complex that they always worry about his kind of stuff.

All it really says is,' Come to Vancouver and we will roll out the red carpet and bend over a chair for you"

of all the bad deals signed in 2016 only Ericksson and Okposo are still with their teams, Ladd is still hanging around Bridgeport

Buffalo and Vancouver cannot figure out how to get out of those deals and they suck.Buffalo has added Skinner, which  is a worse deal and they suck worse than us.

If all the teams that ditched, traded or waived a bad signing never got another free agent, there would be no one signings anywhere.

But the faithful around here keep bleating on about "message to the players"

The players and the coaches and Management dug this hole

No one should be secure that their feelings won't be hurt at this point

You clearly don’t understand the psyche of a professional athlete then.

Its not about hurting feelings, it’s about keeping your players motivated and playing hard for something. Cause here’s something you missed in your little rant. You let the players continually play for nothing and throw in the towel at the first sign of adversity and before you know it you’re the Buffalo Sabres.

Nothing to do with inferiority and all about understanding how you build a winning team. Here’s a hint, it’s not adding an extra third round pick at the deadline. ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Cassie Campbell is a double Olympic Gold Medal Captain, and six time World Champion Captain...  she gets my thumbs up any day.  :gocan:

She knows more in about hockey than most of the people on the Hockey Night panel despite what the misogynists and women haters might say.

Hockey is Hockey... and she's a babe too.  (spoken by an age contemporary to her... B) )

Yep, if she's wearing black leather she definitely gets my....um.....er.....thumb up ;)

Hope everyone noticed what Kelly Hrudey said during the game:

Chris Tanev is the best defenseman on Calgary's team... including Giordano.

Lot of people in Calgary, including him, are waking up to what a steal it was signing him for $4.5 million a year.

And Canucks fans who watch Hughes get caught up ice again for the 20th time and have to scramble to get back, might want to look back and remember how easy Tanev used to make it look, when he smoothly glided into place to cover for the young, gifted, but sometimes a little too optimistic Hughes.  B)

Hamonic tries hard and is worth the money they spent in signing him, but he is no Tanev.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Overrated eh... if scoring was that easy why didn't a SINGLE other player come remotely close to his point totals in his career? 

It's ridiculous for people to compare players from different generations.  There's been so many improvements in equipment, training, arenas/ice, injury care, player assessment/development and on it goes.  I don't recall such an emphasis on working out, diet or training.  I don't remember goalie coaches, face off coaches, pp coaches, pk coaches, etc.  Hell, the $ was so bad in the early days that some players had to take on jobs to make ends meet!  And if that's not enough...no helmets, no face sheilds, less padding and a lot more dangerous hits, (real) fighting and fewer penalties/PPs.

Regardless, the top players always float to the surface.  If (Orr, Gretz, Howe, Lidstrom, Lemieux, Beliveau, Harvey, Brodeur, Sakic, Jgar, Borque and many, many more) were in their early 20's right now, they would all be in the top tier of the current NHL

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, lmm said:

Speaking of Cassie Campbell did anyone catch that total burn job she gave on Bieksa?  

Bieksa was talking about the power play units back when he played and they put up on the monitor the two units where it showed Bieksa on the 2nd unit power play. After he finished talking Maclean went to Cassie and she said something to the effect “I’m still trying to figure out how Bieksa got on the 2nd unit power play”...  :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Speaking of Cassie Campbell did anyone catch that total burn job she gave on Bieksa?  

Bieksa was talking about the power play units back when he played and they put up on the monitor the two units where it showed Bieksa on the 2nd unit power play. After he finished talking Maclean went to Cassie and she said something to the effect “I’m still trying to figure out how Bieksa got on the 2nd unit power play”...  :lol:

I did.  She's trying to match his wit.  She WILL lose...but it was a pretty good burn.  Now she's opened a can of worms.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

What a scum Ron MacLean is....

Anyone catch that last nasty little comment from him at the end of the game?

"...and Montreal puts a dagger into Canucks heart"....

So much relish and venom in his voice... he really hates Vancouver and couldn't restrain himself from gloating.

This is a guy who likes to point to himself as embodying the soul of Canadian hockey with love for the game across the country.

When actually he is a slimy weasel who only lives to suck up to his favourites... those in the so-called center of universe who give him his big contracts.

What a puke.

Can't stand the guy and can't understand how he keeps that job. Hasn't anyone ever told him it's rude to point? He treats everyone on the program as if he is the teacher and they are the pupils.

Our tax dollars at work :angry:

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I did.  She's trying to match his wit.  She WILL lose...but it was a pretty good burn.  Now she's opened a can of worms.

They should just get Maclean out of there and have Bieksa and Cassie go one on one. Would be much more entertaining. I’m thinking Bieksa would get the better of her though. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Can't stand the guy and can't understand how he keeps that job. Hasn't anyone ever told him it's rude to point? He treats everyone on the program as if he is the teacher and they are the pupils.

Our tax dollars at work :angry:

Wait, what? We're paying for this douche?!?!

Rabble Rabble GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

35 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yes cause lets just completely write the entire second half of the season off because some fans are still salty about the first half.

How about waiting to see how the next 2 weeks go before making that call. Why would they be sellers if they’re a few points out of a spot? 

The only way we trade a player is if they feel comfortable enough they have a replacement. Like we can trade Roussel and Pearson and still stay in the fight. We trade Sutter and Beagle we’re pretty much throwing in the towel (that ain’t happening).

Because even if the teams above us play .500 for the rest of the season. We still wouldn't be able to catch up even if we play ~0.600 of our games. So yeah, start selling before more sellers enter the market.

1 minute ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

That may be true, but the players we are overpaying played very little part in that.

Sutter and Beagle are a huge part of this team. I’m sure Holtby just being in the locker room and at practice has helped Demko’s game. Eriksson and Roussel are a waste of space but no GM is perfect. 

9 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

That may be true, but the players we are overpaying played very little part in that.

Happens. The Canucks are entering a three-year transition to the top of the League.

So what there are are few players on their last leg on big contracts. 

The $3.320MIL the Canucks are paying into the ether is still on the books as well...

Looks like Benning learned his lessons and DIDN’T. sign Markstrom and Tanev to anchor contracts.

Looks like  he’s also letting the old contracts run out.