The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So Ron MacLean thinks we should have played Demko...

His response to going with Holtby: “Wow”

Like is it really necessary to trash Holtby before he’s even played?

Hrudey apparently has no idea the Canucks played last night.  Doofus.

• Haha 2

We get all worked up. Get our knickers in a knot. Think it's the end of the world.

Like when Jacob got hurt in the Edm bubble. Here on CDC, our world was crashing down.

A- Thatcher NEVER would've gotten in to play. We wouldn't have realized the gem we had. Probably he'd be gone now, & we would've signed JM.

Gives me the willies just thinking about it. It's amazing how one temporarily bad thing, can bring yrs of potential profit.

So yest when Suzuki ties it, there was no panic. Big deal, Mtl inchworms their way to another roadkill-pt. Whoopee!

Already I thank young Suzuki for setting our table. That Miller dangle was one of the most BEAUTIFUL OT tallies in our reg season history! Was it in the top-3..top-5? Ahh, there's been too many beauties to remember. It's an open question.

Savour it folks. Sometimes bad stumbles/gaffes occur for a reason. Enjoy the game, all.

1 minute ago, Raspberries said:

They should be focusing on the Leafs and playing Campbell. That’s more of a “wow”.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I'm not looking forward to hearing Bartlett-Galley calling the game. I would've switched to OMNI, but it doesn't seem like that is an option tonight.

Mute and listen to Brendan Bachelor on 650. Corey Hirsch can be a lot but he's ok. I listen to the games at work and it's not too bad. 

On a side This is the first game in some time I get to watch live...hopefully we buck the trend and win the second of back to backs against Montreal. 

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Nothing against Holtby but this is going to be a mistake 

I mean yeah he's been pretty pedestrian, and basically guaranteed Seattle won't take him. But the teams playing way better in front of him. No point in being so doom and gloom with the run we're on.

Lighten up

48 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Thought he was great.

Looking for more tonight. Looks like a perfect pick up for our team. 

I missed the game last night but from what I've read in gdt pgt he looked good. And toi indicates green thought he was having a good game.

1st game adrenalin helps too. I'll be watching closely tonight. 

So far so good.

• Hydration 1
26 minutes ago, fredricko said:

I was one of the groaners when he picked 2016. Did anyone cheer? But he does good with later picks. Pod will be another dud I'm afraid.

Shockingly and disappointingly Pete may end up being a dud as well. Frailty was always the concern. I thought Pete might be the greatest Canuck of all time, but most of this year he has not even been good. It was a great pick by JB. Without getting body slammed on his head by a journeyman dman, and receiving a flying reverse leg twister from Kookawhatever, I think he was heading to Gretzky junior territory. Unfortunately, no Semenko to help him along the way.

What I find shocking, is that although Pete has 4 fewer games, he would still be second in points by Montreal's top 6.  I see that 5 of the top 6 Les Habitants are 6' or under:o.  Doesn't sound like a team built for the playoffs.  Looks like a repeat of last year's lack of success.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

So at any point can we maybe get some pregame on our game?  

Edit:  thank you

THIS JUST IN, MATTHEWS FARTED ON HIS WAY INTO THE ARENA,  AROUND THE CLOCK COVERAGE STARTS NOW

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Disregard anything that dirtbag says.  He still tries to discredit us after criminally slandering one of our players for exposing a corrupt ref.  Rotten Ronnie makes Don Cherry look like the voice of reason in comparison.

• Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1
3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Nothing against Holtby but this is going to be a mistake 

And if Demko played and pulled his groin then what?

It should be no surprise that Holtby is playing. Not many teams playing their starter in back to backs in this condensed season.

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

3 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Those guys are a bunch of jerks! More Juice please

• Huggy Bear 1
42 minutes ago, fredricko said:

I was one of the groaners when he picked 2016. Did anyone cheer? But he does good with later picks. Pod will be another dud I'm afraid.

Shockingly and disappointingly Pete may end up being a dud as well. Frailty was always the concern. I thought Pete might be the greatest Canuck of all time, but most of this year he has not even been good. It was a great pick by JB. Without getting body slammed on his head by a journeyman dman, and receiving a flying reverse leg twister from Kookawhatever, I think he was heading to Gretzky junior territory. Unfortunately, no Semenko to help him along the way.

Please.  I can't even sig all this crap.

• Hydration 1
4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

NO TOFFOLI WOOO

I mean hope he's ok.  Tomorrow.

what happened to him?, good for us.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS