The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

43 minutes ago, fredricko said:

I was one of the groaners when he picked 2016. Did anyone cheer? But he does good with later picks. Pod will be another dud I'm afraid.

Some of us did like the pick, yes.  Might be eating another crow sandwich with Pod sooner than later; he fits much better into a North American style system.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

While i agree that the officiating was very suspect

The call against Rous was bad. The none call against bleeding TM was bad

The non interference call that lead to the breakaway was brutal

So as i agree that the Zebras called a suspect game, Biased is very difficult to prove. Zebras have bosses that evaluate their performances and one can only hope that they have been spoken too?

Just my 2 cents, IMHO

No need to prove or regulate the Zebras further, the officiating just needs to be called out by the right people or for enough people to call it out cause there already too much rules in place that is only hurting the game - imo. 

Yeah, the officiating was so suspect that the highlights after the game had already edited out the infraction and only showed the breakaway.

1 hour ago, Deets said:

People giving Jake a hard time for that punch yesterday, but for years complain that Jake doesn't have enough mean side. Canuck fans are so fickle.

Do we have footage?

I missed it! 

8 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

Post image

This actually reminds me so much of the book Harrison Bergeron.

Everyone's forced by the government to be "equal", and as such Myers would be forced for a neck reduction surgery heh.

Smart people take dumb pills, dumb people take smart pills, fat people are forcibly made to diet or have pieces cut from them, and lighter people are forced to wear weights.

(I wonder how long until someone out there dusts this off as an instruction manual?)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

It’s not that bad. Calls are always missed. Both sides had their fair share of frustrations concerning the referees.

I was pretty ticked off as well, the non call on Myers which left him bleeding... but the Motte shot out of the building is inexcusably a penalty.

These things happen.they found a way to win and that’s the most important part.

Yeah, mostly just venting but the pp discrepancy was 4 to 1 and they got two with 5 mins left (although, the Motte delay of game seems legit).  Most time it matters when the penalty was called and  if they called one on the Myers infraction it would had been game over for the Habs - imo.

1 hour ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

While i agree that the officiating was very suspect

The call against Rous was bad. The none call against bleeding TM was bad

The non interference call that lead to the breakaway was brutal

So as i agree that the Zebras called a suspect game, Biased is very difficult to prove. Zebras have bosses that evaluate their performances and one can only hope that they have been spoken too?

Just my 2 cents, IMHO

The fact that Kelly Sutherland is still employed given his history of clear and obvious match-fixing makes it clear that the league refuses to hold problem officials accountable.

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Some of us did like the pick, yes.  Might be eating another crow sandwich with Pod sooner than later; he fits much better into a North American style system.

Thanks for the reasonable response. Yes maybe I will eat Pod crow, but I doubt it, that's why I am calling it. Not a good enough skater and not big enough. Smart with a good passing touch is what I see. Not enough for the NHL. Hope I'm wrong.