The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Petey_BOI said:

you said they were more critical. i'm just trying to understand what you mean. are we more likely to get into the playoffs if we win all our games vs calgary but lose all our games vs edmonton?

Fine I will bite. We need to win as many games as possible regardless of standing to make up the ground on teams above us.

however we also need the teams above us to lose games to others. Ideally teams in 1/2 rag on teams in 3/4. But that’s not enough we also need Calgary to not gift easy points to teams 3/4 in the standings. The best chance we have is if both us and Calgary play well against those teams and lower the gap. This means the difference between bagging that last spot would most likely come down to the head to heads we have against Calgary as this would be where we would make the points up against them.

hense why all games are important but the Calgary ones are critical if we want to get into 4th. 

losing against 1/2 would impact on points which is bad but losing to 3/4 or Calgary is a double hit on our ability as it makes the gap wider 

Edited by UKNuck96
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
9 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Fine I will bite. We need to win as many games as possible regardless of standing to make up the ground on teams above us.

however we also need the teams above us to lose games to others. Ideally teams in 1/2 rag on teams in 3/4. But that’s not enough we also need Calgary to not gift easy points to teams 3/4 in the standings. The best chance we have is if both us and Calgary play well against those teams and lower the gap. This means the difference between bagging that last spot would most likely come down to the head to heads we have against Calgary as this would be where we would make the points up against them.

hense why all games are important but the Calgary ones are critical if we want to get into 4th. 

losing against 1/2 would impact on points which is bad but losing to 3/4 or Calgary is a double hit on our ability as it makes the gap wider 

there's that situation, but there's also the reality that calgary craps the bed, and it would make the games vs calgary less critical, but still very important. 

but I think the most important game is the next one, we really cant afford to lose many games. we probably are going to have to pick up at least 32 points to make the playoffs. basically we need to play as hot as we are now for the rest of the season, and even still were going to need edmonton or mtl to play sub 500 hockey. we have a 3.3% of making the playoffs according to http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html edmonton has a 94% chance and mtl has a 93.2% chance. it's so dire that we actually lost ground with tonights win because of the loser point.

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If we win this game, I wouldn’t be surprised if we go on a run like the 2019 Blues.

Not a cup win, but sort of like what happened to them during the second half of the regular season in 2018-19.

That’s the spirit.... cheers VC

Demko needs to start

you play the hot hand

its a huge 4 point game vs a team ahead 

days off are coming up

he was not overworked yesterday 

if it does not go our way, pull him 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

That's a really smart way to look at and makes total sense tag team the top 4 and then bury the 4 we have against them

5 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

That's a really smart way to look at and makes total sense tag team the top 4 and then bury the 4 we have against them

It’s the way that would give us the best odds, even if we play well if Calgary stink the place out we will struggle to qualify. It’s in our interest for Calgary to play well 

8 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

R U SERIOUS? he just scored game winning goals in 2 of the last 3 games on plays where he took charge. 

True, but the team was in it at the time. And I’m not saying he can’t be great or that he isn’t a leader or anything.

there just have been multiple examples of JT taking bad penalties or making bad turnovers when the team is down by a couple goals and instead of using his teammates Miller will try to take the puck through the opposition all by himself.

sometimes it works, but more often then not it doesn’t.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Demko needs to start

you play the hot hand

its a huge 4 point game vs a team ahead 

days off are coming up

he was not overworked yesterday 

if it does not go our way, pull him 

no he doesn't 'need' to. 

Cowgary might need to start Makry back to back, and we've seen what that can do. If they overwork Marky tonight and lose him for significant time they're toast. Same for us here. 

Hot hand with a day of rest is one thing, but we don't need to overwork an athlete when we have a very capable backup who's had a &^@# ton of practice time and is likely very motivated. 

Add to that, the reffing performance we're likely to see and Price. Nah, we need to think a bit beyond tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2

Did anyone see the hand pass that motte touched before the puck went over the glass. Whistle should have gone right away for the hand pass. Am I wrong here? 

If the Canucks could develop the roster to the point that the third line is 

Virtanen Miller Vesey.  

I think this team would be good.  

I think we clearly have 4 of that top 6 already (Petey, Bo, Hogs and Boes) And just maybe between Gaudette Lind Podkolzin and Gadjovich we have the other two soon.  Then Motte Beagle and Macewan on the 4th.  

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS