The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

How does a team simply forget how to play a simple and structured hockey game?

Its like they totally lose their motivation and desire. To see this waiver game after game is sickening. What is up with the culture with the coaches and players that they can't simply figure out how to string together good efforts?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

No point to watch us get jobbed by racist Québécois refs again.  Only in Quebec is racism allowed to be let go freely.  See ya folks.

Isn’t that racist onto itself?

Happy Canadian citizenship Mr.Bornhere.

Let’s appreciate what is so easily given.

1 minute ago, AllWeatherFan said:

Can someone explain to me why we give up possession almost every time we're about to enter the zone? What system says turn every zone entry into a 50/50 puck battle??

And why, if that's our system, is our forecheck so F'ing terrible??? 

This is what I believe they've been coached to do.  If the play's not 100%, just back off. Seriously, no memes, this is what it seems the system is. If they break outs not 100%, they just give it away. If the entry's not 100%, they just give it away. If anyone's bearing down on them, they dump it.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I wonder what the time of possession stat is for the Canucks this season. Win or lose, they always seem to get pinned in their own zone. 

they don't really recored 'possession' stats by time - they do it by shot attempt differential - so when people say 'possession' in advanced stats, that tends to refer to the plus/minus of shot attempt differentials.

The Canucks' team corsi is 46.96%.   

They are giving up 5 more shot attempts per game than they are taking.

They are giving up 2.4 shots on goal per game more than they are taking.

3 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

Is it just me or are the announcers annoyingly all habs? I get they've been running a lot of the play but does the filler stuff need to be all about them as well:picard: it's as bad as when we play the leafs

I hear ya!

First thing I did, within a minute of puck drop, was to surf around for some other feed to listen/watch, like radio, Pakistani channel, an on-line fan doing play-by-play, etc.

Almost anything would be better than these two. The cheesy-sounding American-style delivery also makes me think that I’m watching a Match-madness match-up. 

West-coasters have been blessed by the play-by-play calling of broadcasters like Jim Robson, Jim Hughson, & John Shorthouse who’ve all managed to set that bar pretty high with their styling, knowledge & professionalism. 

Just now, xereau said:

This is what I believe they've been coached to do.  If the play's not 100%, just back off. Seriously, no memes, this is what it seems the system is. If they break outs not 100%, they just give it away. If the entry's not 100%, they just give it away. If anyone's bearing down on them, they dump it.

I hate watching it

1 minute ago, AllWeatherFan said:

Can someone explain to me why we give up possession almost every time we're about to enter the zone? What system says turn every zone entry into a 50/50 puck battle??

And why, if that's our system, is our forecheck so F'ing terrible??? 

Tonight's forecheck isn't working only due to support and spacing. The guy chipping it in is usually going on alone so it's not the effort of the forechecker but the guys supporting the forecheck to cancel options. 

However with that said the top man leading the rush isn't timing the breakout and he's rushing the entry too quickly before support can arrive.

• Cheers 1