The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, oldnews said:

they don't really recored 'possession' stats by time - they do it by shot attempt differential - so when people say 'possession' in advanced stats, that tends to refer to the plus/minus of shot attempt differentials.

The Canucks' team corsi is 46.96%.   

They are giving up 5 more shot attempts per game than they are taking.

They are giving up 2.4 shots on goal per game more than they are taking.

Yeah, that makes sense.

I did a quick Google search and also found that the Canucks "high danger scoring chances against" stat is 101 compared to the league average of 86, 5-on-5. 

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Tonight's forecheck isn't working only due to support and spacing. The guy chipping it in is usually going on alone so it's not the effort of the forechecker but the guys supporting the forecheck to cancel options. 

However with that said the top man leading the rush isn't timing the breakout and he's rushing the entry too quickly before support can arrive.

Better see an adjustment here or it's a 6 shot game...

3 minutes ago, Nooks said:

LOL Tanev finally getting some respect from Hrudey now he's in an Alberta jersey

Yep.  Too late...don't hop on now.

Said he knew he was good but......(blah blah blah - insert true feelings of [but he was a Canuck so I refused to see it] here).

They don't watch our guys yet critique them as if they do.  Then when they become their guys, they're the best ever.  Can they all please shut up and just let Bieksa talk? 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Tonight's forecheck isn't working only due to support and spacing. The guy chipping it in is usually going on alone so it's not the effort of the forechecker but the guys supporting the forecheck to cancel options. 

However with that said the top man leading the rush isn't timing the breakout and he's rushing the entry too quickly before support can arrive.

More checks in your sentence than the Canucks have finished so far.... :sadno:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Tanev might be the best D in the league when it comes to taking away the space of some of the fastest, most skilled guys in the league.

He is elite. Still blows me away we didn't sign him a year before his contract was up. 

Even when years before he left people were saying he should get traded, I was just shaking my head. Players like that are invaluable in this sport. 

3 minutes ago, AllWeatherFan said:

I hate watching it

Yes, many of us do. It's not hockey, its stats on ice, and I'm bloody well sick of watching it. It's disgusting.

Green's entire system is based around punching the puck loose between the red line and the hashmarks.

If the players fail to do this, they collapse to the star, and teams have their way around the perimeter.

• Cheers 3