The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

I honestly never use to complain about refs but this is just too obvious to avoid. I probably would have let the Myers call go if it wasn’t so blatantly obvious they are either fix or shouldn’t be in the league  

• Hydration 2
1 minute ago, Convincing John said:

I would honestly love if a software was developed to call penalties virtually. 

Ferraro made a great point years ago. 

In the offseason. Get the captains and alternate captains from each team, and the Coaches. Then get all the refs. Lock them in a hotel. And go through the rulebook. 

Have video examples. And make sure EVERYONE knows what each penalty looks like. So everyone is on the same page. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

Green back to his same old BS.Gain center,dump it in,work behing the net,then throw it to the point to have it blocked and out.For christs sake trust your goalie and play the same position game like las night.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, khay said:

agree but that's how some people try to do things, which makes life unnecessarily difficult for others.

Those people mostly fail as a car going the wrong way.

Edited by Me_
2 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Big surprise Hrudy didnt realize Tanev was good until he landed in Calgary. 

His bias is so obvious people around him must call him out on it, don't they? It really cheapens the broadcast IMO 

I wish everyone was as balanced as John Garrett :bigblush:

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Tanev :( Miss him everyday

he was always our hardest working dman, and he took so many pucks to the face in our honor :( sucks JB didnt resign him, hence why he was hurt alot, he always put his body for the team

5 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

It's the game plan. Conserve energy. Get Holtby more touches on the puck so he'd get engaged in the game. Wear out the Montreal forwards. Then we turn it up in the turd.

Aka, the Nope a Dope. Or was it the Nope a Nope?

Edited by xereau
3 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

You're not going to win a game trotting three of those out there. 

Execution was bad, but execution can change from period to period. The effort was there. They'll have a better 2nd and 3rd if they stick with it. All of their best opportunities went awry due to poor passing. 

• Like 1
Just now, cowboy644 said:

Green back to his same old BS.Gain center,dump it in,work behing the net,then throw it to the point to have it blocked and out.For christs sake trust your goalie and play the same position game like las night.

If u don't trust goalie then put in demko if your changing your game plan because of a goalie you don't deserve a new contract 

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

My God...and you guys thought I was a homer.

I'm not Kelly level homer (yes I am).

it's fair, tanman is a guy you appreciate more when you watch him regularly. he doesn't jump off the page. 

Just now, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Yeah, that makes sense.

I did a quick Google search and also found that the Canucks "high danger scoring chances against" stat is 101 compared to the league average of 86, 5-on-5. 

that doesn't really make sense.

The Canucks have 284 high danger scoring chances for this season and 316 against.

That's is less than 1 per game fewer than their opponents - and there are 10 teams with a worse differential than that.

Just now, Devron44 said:

I honestly never use to complain about refs but this is just too obvious to avoid. I probably would have let the Myers call go if it wasn’t so blatantly obvious they are either fix or shouldn’t be in the league  

I don’t even hate the Myers call. Canucks honestly deserved a minor for the string of turnovers and running around they did on that play.

What I hate is calling Myers for that on the same side of the ice you missed Myers get high sticked last night. The lack of consistency is where the tinfoil hats start to come out. 

• Vintage 1
3 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

All of a sudden Tanev is the best defensive dman in the league 

I’m quite happy with Hamonic..

if. Anything Tanev has decided to become a more engaging and physical player with the Flames..  that’s their mojo and they can back it up.

1 minute ago, cowboy644 said:

1669674099_SingleMember.jpg.92cf4d7fd4932b88f47e509fce01854c.jpg'Member when dump and chase meant you had a plan to actually go get the puck? I 'member.

I look to the shot totals too but I I still think we skated and battled better than a 10-2 level.  Drance and his wet blanket brigade can get bent.  Holtby looked good and I’m not worried about the 2nd if we keep it up.  

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS