The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no, but don't you think its a little early for the call? With Podkolzin on the way, we might have the depth to actually have three 5 on 5 scoring lines with Petey, Bo and Miller at C. Something built around this maybe:

Hogs-Petey-Podz

Pearson-Bo-Brock

Vesey-Miller-Jake

It is, no doubt, but it's certainly a very real possibility that if he's playing C, it's as 2C.

41 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Damn Holtby starting I feel nauseous all of a sudden

We definitely have a better chance with Demko in  net with the way he has been playing but hard to blame holtby if we lose based on the team defense we play. We are at or near the bottom of the league in shots allowed, slot chances allowed, rushes allowed and expected goals against per 60.  Basically, we are the worst defensive team in the league.  Demko has masked that. I'm not sure Holtby can but a loss is on this team and its lack of nhl caliber team defense. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Johno said:

Did anyone see the hand pass that motte touched before the puck went over the glass. Whistle should have gone right away for the hand pass. Am I wrong here? 

Hand passes are legal for the defending team inside the defensive zone, so there’d be no whistle for a hand pass in that situation.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
35 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

For the longest time I got Marek and Randorf mixed up - both have very annoying voices

Randork has a terminal lisp.

I hate that Gary Galley guy. In a game against the Sens a couple of years ago (Petey's hat-trick game), he didn't even hide his homer favouring the Sens and he was so annoying to listen to. At the time, the Canucks still had a slim shot at 8th OA in the West while the Sens were buried down in the standings where playoffs were near 0%. Not saying the Canucks had a much better chance to make the playoffs, but they still had a better shot than the Sens. Throughout the game, this clown kept talk about Ottawa's "work ethic", "determination" and "play with pride" and completely ignored the fact that the Canucks dominated the play of the game but Hogberg (who just happened to played a great game) kept the game closer that it should be. When the Sens tied it late in the 3rd he was like "that is one point they were able to grip and they are now looking for another one to close in on the Eastern playoff race" I was like "what the &^@# are you talking about when it comes to playoff race?" I just wanted someone on the Canucks to "accidentally" deflect a puck at his face and knock of his teeth so bad throughout that game.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

Apparently Holtby is the most winningest NHL goalie at MTL's Bell Centre, so there is that. Team in front needs to play near flawless D and find a way to get pucks past Price. They've been gutting out wins, would love to see another one tonight. 

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Vintage 2
42 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Here is the commentary team for tonight’s game:

Ew3YbxQWUAAW1rD?format=png&name=900x900

Shaving Tongue GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

One dose of Galley's motormouth was already too much.

• Vintage 3

Pretty stokes to see if Vesey can keep up his impressive play.

And, of course the stud that is JT Miller.

Go in with confidence and smoke these fools!

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2

Special teams have to be better tonight. They should get their chances after last night’s debacle but it won’t make a difference if Montreal is cashing in on their chances and we aren’t. 

I like the confidence in giving Holtby what would traditionally be his game (obviously this specific situation made the Demko b2b a real possibility). 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS