The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

for sure. I don't really care about 1/2/3 C labels, just 3 lines that are responsible and always a scoring threat. Depending on the matchups of any particular night, you might see different "1C" lines, e.g. if Bo matches up better against McDiver, or Petey has someones number on another night. 

For sure.   It comes down to qualify of competition and minutes played.  Why the Myers "third paring with Benn or whomever" label is ridiculous, second on the team in minutes, top 30 in scoring league wide, more PK anyone in the top fifty in scoring - most by a country mile ...  but he's "ideally suited as a third pairing D on a good team - because that's what he was in WNP?  ha ha ha lol hilarious stuff. 

• Hydration 1
2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm ok with this too.  Having a solid "tandem" rather than a competitive starter/back up situation might lend itself better to an overall team mentality.

Demko's setting the bar very high and now it's up to Holtby to carry the baton and not lose ground.  I, too, like him and have confidence in him...just not Bubble Demko confidence (yet).  There's still time to develop more of that for me...(didn't see that the decision had been made...fully accept it).  

I do hope holtby turns a corner. The teams playing a lot better so hopefully they can keep that up and help him out a bit. Having holtby playing good is pretty darn important. Let’s get this W and get his confidence back and roll with 2 great goalies for the rest of the season, with demko getting more starts though. 

• Vintage 1
1 minute ago, IBatch said:

So does that mean we won't be graced with anymore posts today too? 

Nah, Canucks.com relies on me to drive engagement.  Anything and everything I post is typically $$$ for this board and helps to keep it the best and most active out of all NHL teams.

I mean, I make one comment about how Holtby reduces our chances of winning and I've stemmed 5 posts out of that.  Pure money, pure engagement, happy stakeholders in the moderation room.

If I go, this place probably becomes an echo chamber - if not a complete ghost town void of meaningful discussion - sooner rather than later.

So, in short, I will be around.

• Hydration 1
Just now, IBatch said:

For sure.   It comes down to qualify of competition and minutes played.  Why the Myers "third paring with Benn or whomever" label is ridiculous, second on the team in minutes, top 30 in scoring league wide, more PK anyone in the top fifty in scoring - most by a country mile ...  but he's "ideally suited as a third pairing D on a good team - because that's what he was in WNP?  ha ha ha lol hilarious stuff. 

there's so much information now for coaches on who to match who against, etc. I don't know how useful these old labels are anymore. Can you really have a 3rd pairing d man with 20+ minutes? kind of doesn't make sense. 

What I love about Podz showing up is we don't have to "spread it out" we can actually have real threats on 3 lines and not lose depth. 

1 minute ago, Davathor said:

I've never seen so much negativity and arguing while being 8-2 lmao

THIS

IS
CANUCKS

DOT
COM!

Kicks Flame fan and Leaf fan into the pit. 

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, grimmjaw said:

Lol wtf, why would you put miller on the third line...

It’s not really a third line. If that was our lineup I’d expect them to run at least those 3 lines fairly equally to just absolutely hound the opposition. Imagine being a d man on another team thinking you just dealt with petey hogz and pods and it’s over, only to have bo Pearson and brock to come at you next. Followed by the godsend Captain America over here who will slice through them and score sexy goals with The JV’s crashing and banging 

• Hydration 1
3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Hoping that Demko playing or not is a call between Demko, Clarke and Green. I have been pretty negative on the team’s d-side play for a few games now. Last night their zone exits were spot on most of the night. Demko stops a break away at the end but generally he had a far easier game. 

I agree that Demko cannot be overplayed and ideally Holtby goes in. The play today, travel and play again on Monday. They do have a week off. coming soon. I suspect that gets worked into the calculation. 

Has Gaudette turned the corner? What a great goal. Hogz is really consistent. Cannot remember which d-man but he pin Che’s with 2 minutes left in the game??? 

A few games now? I have been pretty negative on the team’s d-side play for a few games now. 

So do you still feel our Systems and coaching is totally at fault for our poor start?

Or perhaps the players themselves were not executing the Systems the coaching staff was trying to implement?

Go Canucks Go

4 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Nah, Canucks.com relies on me to drive engagement.  Anything and everything I post is typically $$$ for this board and helps to keep it the best and most active out of all NHL teams.

I mean, I make one comment about how Holtby reduces our chances of winning and I've stemmed 5 posts out of that.  Pure money, pure engagement, happy stakeholders in the moderation room.

If I go, this place probably becomes an echo chamber - if not a complete ghost town void of meaningful discussion - sooner rather than later.

So, in short, I will be around.

the team doesn't need you to believe in it....

but good for you, at least you....

Pin by Kelly Rocks Out! on 0Note 2 Self... | Cute animals, Animals, Pets

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

THIS

IS
CANUCKS

DOT
COM!

Kicks Flame fan and Leaf fan into the pit. 

some people can't handle it when they see picks dropping before their eyes. 

Just now, oldnews said:

the team doesn't need you to believe in it....

but good for you, at least you....

Pin by Kelly Rocks Out! on 0Note 2 Self... | Cute animals, Animals, Pets

Funny how a post that didn't address you, nor mentioned you, compelled you to quote me and engage with me anyway.

Makes you wonder...

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

some people can't handle it when they see picks dropping before their eyes. 

That’s one thing I’ve never been able to understand about some tankers. If you believe in the “Canucks Curse” what’s the point in tanking? The universe is going to screw you anyway...

1 minute ago, Canucksince99 said:

Honestly even if they don’t make the playoffs I’d be happy with how they rallied together and have completely turned their play around. Makes me super excited for next season too. 

Plus this year's draft is a crapshoot. Scouts can't scout so many leagues due to covid, picking 4th or 14th isn't as big of a difference as a normal year. So I rather the team win games. To me this core needs wins more than a high pick. I think the priority this summer should be moving off overpaid bums from the team.

• Hydration 1
38 minutes ago, Davathor said:

The way Miller's playing he shouldn't be the guy dropped to 3rd with plugs.

Hog Bo Boes

Pete Miller Pod

Pears Gaud Jake/Ves

Motte Sutter Jake/Ves

Cup

If we are going for three balanced top 3 lines then I would suggest:

Pearson - Bo -- Podz    -- everyone seems to think Podz will fit well with Bo and we know Pearson does.

Gaud  -- Petey  -- Boes -- Boes has been our best forward and works well with Petey

Hog  -- Miller -- Ves  -- Miller and Hog work well together.  

Motte -- Sutter -- Jake 

• Hydration 1
6 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

That’s one thing I’ve never been able to understand about some tankers. If you believe in the “Canucks Curse” what’s the point in tanking? The universe is going to screw you anyway...

its also a bad year to tank on top of it. The guys have pulled themselves out of a massive hole to get to 16-16-2. Calgary is only 15-13-3. They are not better than us. MTL stinks without the loser points. 

This stupid division makes it hard to climb out of a hole, but I'm proud of the guys for not folding and giving up. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
2 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Funny how a post that didn't address you, nor mentioned you, compelled you to quote me and engage with me anyway.

Makes you wonder...

It's all the "meaningful discussion" that you "drive" on these boards!

Funny that you have changed your tune so quickly - so you're not really here seeking attention?  Makes you wonder.

Anyhow - have a nice day AV, whether you watch the game or not.

Different strokes = some are here for the team game - some are here only to pump their favorite flavours, and play them off the rest, otherwise...fairweather.

Holby is a veteran stanley cup winning goaltender. Let’s hope he and the rest of the team can find a way to get the job done. No excuses. Win , pretty please 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS