The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

some people can't handle it when they see picks dropping before their eyes. 

Does it really matter? Looking at our current roster .... Brock was pick #23, Hoglander #40, and Gaudette #149.  And our MVP Demko, #36! 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1
Just now, yes we can nucks said:

Does it really matter? Looking at our current roster .... Brock was pick #23, Hoglander #40, and Gaudette #149.  And our MVP Demko, #36! 

it doesn't. I suspect we'll be leaning heavily on our SHL scouting anyway. 

Imo, in last nights game the difference makers for both teams were: Demko for the Canucks and the Zebras for the Habs!   Would be interesting how the Zebras will be managing this game after the obvious bias in there officiating last night (4 - 1 in PP difference in the Habs favour); also noticed after watching some highlights of last nights game that the obvious non call on the the pick in OT that led to the breakaway was not being shown or talked about (even in the Habs blogspots) - weird ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski
3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

It's all the "meaningful discussion" that you "drive" on these boards!

Funny that you have changed your tune so quickly - so you're not really here seeking attention?  Makes you wonder.

Anyhow - have a nice day AV, whether you watch the game or not.

Different strokes = some are here for the team game - some are here only to pump their favorite flavours, and play them off the rest, otherwise...fairweather.

Your words, not mine.  Enjoy the game B)

Hope this helps.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

Bottom line is we have to win 16 of our remaining 22 games to have a chance. That will give us 66 points. Gotta go on a pair  of 8-3 runs. Which is doable. 

go Canucks go

Hopefully, the Zebras will be more fair in there officiating (?).

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Imo, in last nights game the difference makers for both teams were: Demko for the Canucks and the Zebras for the Habs!   Would be interesting how the Zebras will be managing this game after the bias in there officiating last night; also noticed after watching some highlights of last nights game that the obvious non call on the the pick in OT that led to the breakaway was not being shown or talked about in the Habs blogspots - weird ?

What bothered me was after the Habs first goal, Roussel exited the box and let the ref knew he screwed up and the ref yelled back at Roussel “that’s the right call and get to your bench”

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

For the longest time I got Marek and Randorf mixed up - both have very annoying voices

Totally relate..there are a number of American announcers whose deliveries I mix with Yoko Ono's..there are many voices in my head.

13 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

What bothered me was after the Habs first goal, Roussel exited the box and let the ref knew he screwed up and the ref yelled back at Roussel “that’s the right call and get to your bench”

Ditto, noticed that too and it seems to had made a big difference in how they called last nights game; as much as we expect the Zebras to be an objective figure, we had all watched enough sports to realized that they are also humans.  My expectations when it comes to the Zebras (especially, from Canucks point view) is to just expect the worse when it comes to them and after last nights game (with the addition of the post game coverage) has not helped build any confidence that they will be an objective figure.  

Did you notice how Green, tried to fix it by giving them a thumbs up on an offside call ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski
32 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

THIS

IS
CANUCKS

DOT
COM!

Kicks Flame fan and Leaf fan into the pit. 

So Flames fan is the left armpit, the Leafs fan is the right armpit, got it. 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Imo, in last nights game the difference makers for both teams were: Demko for the Canucks and the Zebras for the Habs!   Would be interesting how the Zebras will be managing this game after the obvious bias in there officiating last night (4 - 1 in PP difference in the Habs favour); also noticed after watching some highlights of last nights game that the obvious non call on the the pick in OT that led to the breakaway was not being shown or talked about (even in the Habs blogspots) - weird ?

Funny on the Habs Reddit there was almost no mention of the refs except for a couple people p o’ed with us for complaining about the non-call on what should have been the 4 minute high-sticking penalty. They claim it was just follow-through and we are whiners.:picard:

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

ummm, nope it's 56 games. I don't know what sports you've played but a 56 game hockey schedule is not a sprint

I'll except 1500m but nothing less

Have you checked how many games are remaining and how far behind we are? With opponents that all have games in hand 

22 games left is a sprint .... unless your paddleball league plays less games? 

13 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

R U SERIOUS? he just scored game winning goals in 2 of the last 3 games on plays where he took charge. 

I love Miller, probably the third or fourth best first round draft choice the team has ever spent. But the other poster was right, sometimes he tries too hard, like trying to dangle three or four opposing players at their blue line, turning the puck over and causing an odd-man rush going the other way, as opposed to the smart move, shooting it deep when you don't have a play.

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

Funny on the Habs Reddit there was almost no mention of the refs except for a couple people p o’ed with us for complaining about the non-call on what should have been the 4 minute high-sticking penalty. They claim it was just follow-through and we are whiners.:picard:

Yeah, after last nights game there was an immediate highlights from Sportsnet and they edited out the interference & only showed the failed breakaway (perhaps Anderson was so shocked that they did not call it and misfired).   Also, went to a few Habs blogspot and it was not even mentioned - original six bias; LOSERS’ got there second straight loser point.   

Wonder how the Zebras will be managing today’s game; nothing really special about that Habs team - imo cause outside of us they had been pretty much avg against other teams.   

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2
4 hours ago, stawns said:

They'll need a top cman in that case.  I think it's clear Petey might not have the size or face off skills to be a 1C

It's more likely that Lind becomes 3C, they're converting him to center in Utica and he's playing in all circumstances.

35 minutes ago, Oldmanpower said:

Holby is a veteran stanley cup winning goaltender. Let’s hope he and the rest of the team can find a way to get the job done. No excuses. Win , pretty please 

Oh we’re going to win but It won’t be pretty. 

:bigblush:

Edited by Setyoureyesontheprize
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Even if it was a follow-through, the NHL needs to do a better job using their injured player rules to blow down that sort of play. When a player is hit in the face with a stick, is bleeding, and has gone down to the ice, the officials need to err on the side of caution and stop play to insure that player’s safety. Doesn’t happen enough in this league, and it really should, when it comes to issues like facial cuts near the eyes, head contact injuries, or bleeding incidents (although they have gotten better about skate cuts, thankfully), regardless of whether or not the refs determine it’s an infraction. And, of course, a stiff penalty should be assessed to any player who is later determined to have been faking injury to draw a whistle. I know Myers got up eventually and was ultimately OK, but the way he went down, and the obvious stick contact to his face (and very near his eyes), and him cut and bleeding, should be enough to quickly stop play and allow the trainers to check on him.

EDIT: I think the simplest answer would be for any high sticking contact to immediately stop play. Then the refs can determine if a penalty is assessed or if there’s no infraction because of a follow-through. I’m sure there’d be a few instances every year where people would grumble about such a rule, but in most cases, I think we’d all be fine seeing the players protected in this way. Refs could still use their discretion, when it’s really incidental/grazing contact to a helmet, but for any stick to the face, or significant impact to the head, just blow the whistle and then sort out whether or not a penalty is warranted.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Vintage 3
6 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Oh we’re going to win but It won’t be pretty. 

:bigblush:

Two points will look pretty no matter how they come, right?

• Hydration 1
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS