The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So What Do We Need To Make The Dance?

Rate this topic

C'mon folks, call it. We got 21 left to play, Almost even for home & away(1 more).

We're 16-16 & 3 for 35 pts in 35 gp.

Q1- What total will it take to make it?

Q2- What record does Van require, to punch their ticket?

Q3- What position will Van wind up in?

Glass half full or empty?..well, put your $ where the mouth is.

Guessing it'll take 63 pts to get foot in the door.

Thus, we need 14 W's & 28 pts.

Well, sayin' we go 14 - 5 - 2 to waltz into 3rd place of the Div.

& my half full tumbler of Scotch? Down the hatch! Compai!

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Guessing it'll take 63 pts to get foot in the door.

Thus, we need 14 W's & 28 pts.

Well, sayin' we go 14 - 5 - 2 to waltz into 3rd place of the Div.

& my half full tumbler of Scotch? Down the hatch! Compai!

That's what I'm thinking, 63 points.  28 points in 21 games.  

• Vintage 1

Mike Smith will need to get injured to force Koskinen to carry the load or Montreal's PP will need to cool off. 

I still think it is possible but we also need the teams in front of us to have some tough stretches while we continue this current run of games.

*If Petey can't come back, even if Demko continues his stellar play, we will be extremely hard pressed as every game in the north is a battle.

Hard to say, if Toronto and Montreal can beat up on Winnipeg, Calgary, and Edmonton it'd go a long way towards helping us. Early to mid 60's would probably do it, but we'll need to run the table and get some help from two teams we're unlikely to catch in Montreal and Toronto. 

• Like 1

need EP and/or Beagle back.

great run they're on - but really difficult to sustain something like this the rest of the season with overlapping center injuries.

need to gut it out until they get that gamechanging EP back and the backbone of Beagle's.

if that happens, all bets are off!!

From a wins/losses perspective - they need to dominate Calgary head to head - and they need to otherwise sustain - and if another team has a stretch like the Leafs past few weeks - where they've come crashing into the pack - and the Canucks gained 10 pts in 7 games on them....if any of Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal (I'm leaving Winnipeg out lol) - run into the wild inconsistency we've seen from most teams at times this season - it could get really interesting.

But from within - they need Demko to continue to be himself, they need to stay healthy on the blueline - or at least nothing more significant that a depth loss - (I think they could still win with OJ in the lineup, but a couple injuries there and it's probably curtains - and they need a center or two back.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Replace all the coaches except Ian Clark. 

And no to Gallant. 

I was prepared to see the team take a step back this year. But I didn't expect this level of inconsistency. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

We are 8-2-1 in our last 11 games.  If we go 8-2-1 in our next 11 games then we should be good to go for the playoffs.  

Demko is 8-1 in his last 9 starts.  Forget what happened in February.  We just need to replicate what we’ve done in March and do it again in April.  What people need to understand is it is very hard to score on Demko right now.  We got 4 goals tonight which should have been enough to beat Montreal but Demko was not in net.  I don’t see us losing too many games with Demko if we can score 4 goals in a game. In Demko’s last 8 wins he’s never allowed more than 2 goals in a game.  So even 3 goals should get us a victory.  

Let’s hope Petey and Beagle get back quickly.  Without them we don’t have a chance really.  We need Petey to get those 3 goals per game and we need Beagle to anchor that 4th line and our PK.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1