The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 22, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

They need to be going to Eagle and Benn now and pressuring them for a trade.

If Eagle wants to come back for a sub 2M$ contract, then that's something to consider in the off-season.

Juolevi has shown he is ready to play in the NHL, and you may still have a wildcard with Tryamkin.

They have already screwed the pooch with Sutter and Pearson, which would have fetched a fair price. Roussell and Beagle are negative value so zero chance they fetch a return.

Sell, sell, sell and sell.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Wouldn’t hurt. I like JB and will be forever grateful for the core we have. I get the feeling we won’t be seeing those bottom six contracts regardless but maybe Aqua makes a change, who knows. 

Anyways glad to hear from fellow fan that talks with integrity and is always cheering. Only way to go. We’ll see what happens here, all we can do. Win of lose I want my guy Horvat back. Let’s hope 

Yah. Send up prayers for team health & that Bo-Ho has no broken bones. 

I’m on it! 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

I am telling ya it won't work................he will never leave the face off dot

The only time he will be in the right place will be for the next face off.

we should try hughes at center, and loui on defence. it's crazy enough to work

• Haha 2

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

we should try hughes at center, and loui on defence. it's crazy enough to work

Loui can stay in the pressbox. Nolan Baumgartner can lace em up before that guy for all I care 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Could be just another legendary player like Jason Krog.  Put up tons of points at the AHL level (allstar there) but just couldn’t put it together at the NHL level.

Yup.

Graovac is nothing more than a fringe 4th line player at the NHL level. This organization has wasted so much time on these type of players over the years.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Could be just another legendary player like Jason Krog.  Put up tons of points at the AHL level (allstar there) but just couldn’t put it together at the NHL level.

Indeed ... 11 points in 71 NHL games with 3 teams spells "journeyman"

Need to just grind out an ugly one next game and just get to the break.

We can survive an injury to Horvat short term IF we get some healthy bodies after the break.

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser 

Vesey Miller Virtanen

Boyd Sutter Motte

Hawrlyuk Beagle MacEwan

Thats if we can get Beagle (practicing), Sutter (undisclosed), and Pettersson back (1 week away). Definitely a huge blow to lose Horvat but that lineup should be able to weather the storm.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Loui can stay in the pressbox. Nolan Baumgartner can lace em up before that guy for all I care 

The season ticket holders should be able to take 6 million slap shots at JB for that Eriksson contract.

I'm pretty sure we are the only team left with their mistake contract of 2016. (Lucic, Brouwer, Ladd etc).

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Need to just grind out an ugly one next game and just get to the break.

We can survive an injury to Horvat short term IF we get some healthy bodies after the break.

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser 

Vesey Miller Virtanen

Boyd Sutter Motte

Hawrlyuk Beagle MacEwan

Thats if we can get Beagle (practicing), Sutter (undisclosed), and Pettersson back (1 week away). Definitely a huge blow to lose Horvat but that lineup should be able to weather the storm.

y'all are baiting me into playing Sports Action...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yet there is this drive to keep him around. It all comes down to the fact that he does what the owners want and is unwilling or cant stand up to them. It's not a good way to manage a team or to create a winning organization. Yet he we are.

Or maybe it's his ability to evaluate talent and draft? Petey, QH, Brock, Hogs, and Demko are all steals where they were chosen. I'm sure we're all looking forward to the arrival of Pods to see if he's as good advertised. Acquiring Pearson and Schmidt were great moves. And now we can see when those overpriced bottom six guys miss games because of injury, the team struggles mightily.  Maybe they're not so overpriced after all.

Edited by canuckleheads fan
  • Vintage 1

Just now, b3. said:

The season ticket holders should be able to take 6 million slap shots at JB for that Eriksson contract.

I'm pretty sure we are the only team left with their mistake contract of 2016. (Lucic, Brouwer, Ladd etc).

What a brutal year of free agency. So many issues stem from that guy. Forget the Beagles and Sutters here for a second. 6 million in cap space would have been huge for us.. the guys a joke and hasn’t been able to play for 3 years. How do you literally score 30 goals, sign a deal and just pack it in. 

It’s been awful pretending likes ok with that guy. Nice they finally said enough is enough this year. Never want to watch a game with that guy on the ice ever again.

Thats coming from a very reasonable fan that’s defended a lot of other signings that half the fans don’t approve of either 

• Sad 1