The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 22, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

But Canucks' colour is usually blue when they faced the Jets before. I'm not sure what was the reason behind the change.

At least we can be ok with the fact that the decision would be made by people in Vancouver not Toronto.  Oh wait...

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

That’d be rough long term. Top 6 plays too much some nights as it is. Let’s see how they do tonight though 

What's rough long term is having guys who don't bring anything to your lines in your lineups consistently. Guys like Sutter, Pearson, Roussel and Eriksson kill the team. If you don't bring something tangible to your team you shouldn't be playing on an NHL team. 

There's nothing special about any of those 4 players but having a bottom six that can forecheck is huge. I have a firm belief that every line should have some type of advantage over other lines in the league. First line obviously to produce points, second for secondary scoring + something beneficial such as good defense or good faceoffs, third and fourth have to be excellent at wearing the other team down for the other two lines. Your third and fourth shouldn't be a "score every blue moon" line. It's a waste of cap. Those players are found on every single team in this league. Having a relentless third and fourth line are a rarity and are only found on the good teams. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Virtanen didn't over-think and used his natural instinct and just shot it there. We need more of that.

Agreed it was nice to see some

snarl with that hit from Jake. It looks like Miller and Vesey is sparking some

good play from him.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Imagine there were 2 NHL clubs in Vancouver and one BCHL club, which would you go and watch?

one?

Hehehe, I go to nucks games when i can and BCHL games when i can and WHL games when i can, so i am a bad choice for your illistraton too, but i hear ya and that is why the owners will never agree to it, but as fans, imagine if about a hundred clubs were in three tiers starting with the 32 NHL teams in the top one..but had relegation to tier two instead of Crosby, Matthews, McDavid and company as the punishment for being bad. 

; )

fans would win. 

Side note: I think TO does need a second team. but maybe in Hamilton instead of across the street?

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hughes really needs to work on the defensive side of his game. Hopefully Benning wakes up and realizes that Baumgartner is a useless coach for young defenseman. 

Baumgartner is doing more harm than good.   The vets need to step up and tell Hughes to ignore whatever what idiot says before he does permanent damage.

• Vintage 2