The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 22, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, KelownaCanucksFan said:

That looks even worse when you watch it the second time, just a boneheaded play there by edler

Ds are gambling a big. Hamonic down by the goal line etc. Sometimes you get burned. But a great goal on Demko 

6 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

What's rough long term is having guys who don't bring anything to your lines in your lineups consistently. Guys like Sutter, Pearson, Roussel and Eriksson kill the team. If you don't bring something tangible to your team you shouldn't be playing on an NHL team. 

There's nothing special about any of those 4 players but having a bottom six that can forecheck is huge. I have a firm belief that every line should have some type of advantage over other lines in the league. First line obviously to produce points, second for secondary scoring + something beneficial such as good defense or good faceoffs, third and fourth have to be excellent at wearing the other team down for the other two lines. Your third and fourth shouldn't be a "score every blue moon" line. It's a waste of cap. Those players are found on every single team in this league. Having a relentless third and fourth line are a rarity and are only found on the good teams. 

I have no problems with Pearson. Sutter or Beagle. I think you’re just looking at cap hit more then anything. I’m all for the third and 4th lines creating energy and and popping in goals here and there but if you cant play them or start them in you’re own end that isn’t a recipe for success. The players you’ve mentioned outside maybe Virtanen and Motte haven’t proven that

Edited by Devron44
  • Cheers 1