The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 22, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

That’s too bad, I personally like change, for instance, winning a Cup sure would be a change.

ah so your impatience translates into hating the coaching staff.

How abstract.

Obviously throwing a wrench in a newly built machine is the way to go.

First thing I do when I buy a brand new car, is I kick the fender in.

Edited by Me_

Just now, Me_ said:

How abstract.

I’m 50 years in, I’m anything but impatient.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

We really need an upgrade at that spot. Seen lots of flashes of improvement this year from Ben but still he’s not suited for the speed of the game. 

We need to see OJ in there. OJ never breaks his stick.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

How abstract.

First thing I do when I buy my cars is I kick the fender in.

Brown-Baumer is the equivalent of the stock sound system.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

its amazing all the Edler bashing on a sub par period.

Just have look back to when he returns from an injury and everyone is" thank god he's back!"

He may not be the same player, but he is the calming factor for our D corps and plays all the hard minutes

It evens out the comments saying he's the best defender to ever play on the team so tit for tat. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Me_ said:

No sh!t Sherlock.

You’re a bright one.

Noticed the last 20 years? 
The Canucks have built their team around top notch goaltending for a fifth of a century.

Touchy, aren't we? Instead of slobbering all over Green, why don't you tell us what makes him such a good coach? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I can't stand players like him who show up every once and a while when they feel like it. It's a cancer on the team. You need to show up every night. He chooses more often than not to choose to just show up and glide around the ice.

If you focus on Virtanen for the entire shift you can see what he does. Of course it is more obvious live.  But if you watch him on tv and let your eyes just follow him it is a real eye opener.

He doesn't seem to know how to play a complete shift and spends a lot of time standing still.

Look, I don't dislike the guy.  I've never been one of the people who hacks on him.  I just think people should watch him shift over shift and follow him around on the ice with their own eyes to see what is going on. Just follow him throughout his shifts.  Just watch what he does. Ignore the puck and just watch what Jake does. It is a mystery why he still plays this way so far into his career.

4 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

its amazing all the Edler bashing on a sub par period.

Just have look back to when he returns from an injury and everyone is" thank god he's back!"

He may not be the same player, but he is the calming factor for our D corps and plays all the hard minutes

Commenting on what was obviously a bad period for him is just that.  He did  not play well and cost us a goal. Fact.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Benn looking older than Edler.  Why is Juolevi on the taxi squad again?  

My insider buddy tells me its 'cos about 4 weeks ago, OJ took the last donut that Green wanted, at the hotel breakfast

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

If you focus on Virtanen for the entire shift you can see what he does. Of course it is more obvious live.  But if you watch him on tv and let your eyes just follow him it is a real eye opener.

He doesn't seem to know how to play a complete shift and spends a lot of time standing still.

Look, I don't dislike the guy.  I've never been one of the people who hacks on him.  I just think people should watch him shift over shift and follow him around on the ice with their own eyes to see what is going on. Just follow him throughout his shifts.  Just watch what he does. Ignore the puck and just watch what Jake does. It is a mystery why he still plays this way so far into his career.

And then follow Ehlers and ponder what might have been.