The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 22, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Its sorta double edge sword right now, the lack of depth acquired by Benning is showing, while Green due to the lack of depth plays a style of game that is not conducive to long term success.

Its on display tonight, not a lack of try, but just not enough players who have finish and the ability to help carry the team. Brock, Bo and Milsy look exhausted.

Exactly. I am frustrated that Benning has had so much time and has not acquired quality depth at this point to at least get by. It just shows his incompetence because I don't want to hear it as an excuse at the end of the year. Too many years of the same issue.

1 minute ago, xereau said:

This team's grown leaps and bounds without him. Interesting few weeks ahead.

Maybe started playing and not relying on him so much. I’m excited to see what we can do with him back in the lineup now that we’ve figured out our game 

Just now, Deets said:

Which, it really shouldn't be. There's nobody in the arena and it's not like they're hosting events between games. Nothing but time to tend to the ice. Bigtime Fail.

I wondered for years if it was the ice or they honestly didn't know to freeze the pucks. Looks like a $&!# place to play. 

2 minutes ago, Deets said:

Which, it really shouldn't be. There's nobody in the arena and it's not like they're hosting events between games. Nothing but time to tend to the ice. Bigtime Fail.

I don't have a Phd in ice, or in anything, but maybe the lessened relative humidity of an empty stadium is messing with the crunch somehow.  

• Huggy Bear 1

9 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Calm down my fellow CDC human.

I'm sure Hughes is on the trajectory to become the greatest offensive defenseman for us, but his defensive side of things still needs work. Even Hughes himself admitted it's a work in progress.

Hope you enjoyed jumping all over my humble bogus opinion.

Your comment struck me the wrong way as it is a symptom of what is wrong with this fan base.  Hughes has cost us exactly zero goals against tonight.  Zero.  Yet you have to post how lousy he is defensively.  Why?

Why do Vancouver fans have to tear down their players until there is nothing left but guys who won't stand up for themselves or want to leave.

This is maybe the best player we are ever going to have.  Why do you feel you have the right to hack on him and drag him down?

Ridiculous fan base that  the rest of the league laughs at for exactly this kind of thing.  You need to get out there and make something of your life partner and stop getting your kicks by dragging down our best young players. You probably have great abilities if you focus on going for it for yourself instead of sitting back and throwing crap.