The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 22, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

After their 2nd goal, and we hitting post a number of times, and Bo injured, I know luck is not with us tonight...

but kudos to the Jets players that have tried to help Bo off the ice though.

And they have just scored their 3rd, back to the losing big time Canucks again... even Demko can’t help tonight...

Edited by zetagumdam

Just now, Deets said:

In Raincouver we likely have the same RH as a full stadium in a dry location. These arenas are climate controlled, so again I can't think of a reason why an empty stadium would be a problem. Plenty of ice rinks in the lower mainland without crowds.

Actually, I need to walk it back a little myself. The way hvac systems work is by first cooling the air to knock all or a calculated amount of moisture out as it condenses, then they heat the dry air up again and mist some water into it to rehumidify it. It's overall cheaper to heat dry air compared to moist (lol) so that's why they do it this way.  

If they wanted they could easily replicate the humidity of an arena full of fans, all it would cost is more water nozzles downstream of the cooled makeup air.   

So in a way, I totally agree with you. I still wonder why arenas besides us are having the issue, cause it seems to not be just us.