The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 22, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

How does this result impact our playoff chances?  I really think we can put a run together!

Forget a run if Horvat is out more than a couple of weeks. we have 3 top 6 players out plus 4 Cs out. Thats is basically season over when we have 20 games left, out of the playoff spot with teams in front having games in hand.

Edited by DefCon1

2 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Okay ... I have no empirical evidence to prove this, so you'll just have to take my word for it .... but the Canucks confirmed their non-appearance in the playoffs tonight. Done. 

Your word is good enough for me.  I have more faith in your assessment than anyone from the  Nucks organization.

4 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

I'm being serious here. Did anyone see Roussel make 1 pass tonight?  Can't pass anymore, can't shoot anymore and won't  fight anymore. GET HIM OUT OF THE LINEUP PLEASE 

I did, I did, saw him pass right by that puck.

This is a good thing. We have been outplayed in every game we have won in the last little while, and yet Management were deluding themselves into thinking that we didn’t need to make any moves and that this group we have could be relied upon to get us through this season. We know that is not true, and now with all the injuries, hopefully Management can be forced to make some moves that set us up for success next season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

It's possible for two things to be true:

1. They were bad tonight partly because they were horribly injured down the middle and were playing their 5th game in 8 nights with travel in between

2. Even when healthy, this team's roster construction and playing style are fundamentally flawed. Item 1 should not get in the way of addressing item 2.

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Quinn Hughes a dash 3 tonight.

Kid needs to be better defensively. His defensive game needs some drastic overhaul, he hasn't been good in his own zone this year.

Tired I said it before Green plays his best players till their tongues are on their laces!

• Huggy Bear 1