The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 22, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

Travis Boyd went from waivers to number 2 centerman (if he plays Center?) in 12 hours. 

Toronto is a top team with depth.

Canucks are a subpar team with zero depth and cap issues due to bonehead management. 

Kind of sad that after 7-8 years of Benning, Toronto's castaways are needed just to ice a team.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Not just Benn but some of the other high minute eaters has also been struggling as well and should sit but this staff wont make the hard decision.

Only message he is preaching is favoritism...

Unfortunately as meh as Edler and Schmidt have been playing we don’t have anyone else to replace them.

Benn on the other hand can be replaced by Juolevi who played decent in his time with Myers. Green and co will continue to go with the same plan long after it has stopped working though. Riding the hot goalie seems to be the only strategy he has from what I’m watching.

2 minutes ago, viking mama said:

I hope your optimistic projections come to fruition. 

Hard to believe, but when hard luck strikes, Karma usually balances the scales at the backend. If it was a regular season, time is a friend. This year it is not. Maybe with the dispersal draft some amazing things could have on draft day, especially if scouting reports are all over the map.
Benning, as a scouting-guru, just might find the Canucks an amazing parting gift. 

Yeah if Bennings gone. The new guy sure has it made. Especially with all the heavy bottom six contracts coming off the board. But maybe that how it works. Seem to work for Tampa Bay after Yzerman built that team.

Anyways I’ve said things like Playoffs are over tonight cause it’s just rough man. Horvat is critical to our success. But gonna try and be optimistic cause i can’t do it the way others like to. The “you thought they had a chance” kinda comments. I’m not into that, it’s not enjoyable for me to watch hockey that way. But when it/if it comes to it I’ll be excited for the draft just like I would be even if the made it. Always an exciting time especially with picks this year lol

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

That math doesn’t add up unless Horvat and Petey are out for the year. Are they?

this isn't a math equation it's a 5/12 of our starting  forwards are out equation. How many games you expect us to win with miller and 3 tweener centers? for me I know we might get lucky, but i'm expecting to lose every game for the next little while.

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

this isn't a math equation it's a 5/12 of our starting  forwards are out equation. How many games you expect us to win with miller and 3 tweener centers? for me I know we might get lucky, but i'm expecting to lose every game for the next little while.

I guess I’m talking about this. We have 1 game and a week off so there a chance of some healthy bodies when we play Calgary 

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

But then he'll get injured again..

Try Myers at C.

Woah.

Myers at C.

That’s a BIG BOY up front.

VESEY - MILLER - VIRTANEN

HÖFLANDER - MYERS - BOESER

May have to do that at some point...

Or we could try Eriksson at center lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Toronto is a top team with depth.

Canucks are a subpar team with zero depth and cap issues due to bonehead management. 

Kind of sad that after 7-8 years of Benning, Toronto's castaways are needed just to ice a team.

I've been meaning to ask where you found your avatar?  I always laugh out loud reading your posts (which, by the way, are all facts about this team)

Keep spitting the truth!