The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 22, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 hours ago, Convincing John said:

Another unpopular opinion. Our prospect pool is crap. I don’t want to hear the “they all graduated” excuse either. We have been at the bottom half of the standings for years. We should have players ready to come up and play. 

Talking to yourself? Create another account so you can look like you have another person agreeing with you :bigblush:

Edited by CanuckleHorse
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Quinn Hughes looks like he is playing for his next contract and not for his team.  I know that it's probably not true, but what else can explain the amount of times that he's responsible for odd-man rushes coming back the other way when he gets caught pinching.  

He put up another -3.  

He doesn't deserve a penny more then Sergachev who signed for 4.8 mil/year. 

Agree.   He is officially the 7th worse +/- player (3rd worse defenseman) in the entire National Hockey League with 817 players having a better +/- than him.   I'd say 4.5 to 5.5/yr based on those stats but also considering his points (which are very good) would be fair.

• Cheers 1

disgusting effort, 
they didn't even move to chase the puck in our dzone. No pressure at all.
We can't complete two passes while Winnipeg make them easy. There were always a winnipeg player where the puck went with no sign of Canucks.

How can the defense could put themselves in bad position, according 2 on 1 just by being stuck on our the blue line without moving.

Man i can't stand Edler anymore. he's slow as hell, make bads decisions.
even on two on one with him alone winnipeg was able to complete two passes just as they were 2 vs 0.  

please give me some reason to cheer, annonce the Tryamkin signing and let Edler goes.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Kind of hard to call up players from the AHL when they have to spend 14 days in quarantine. You want your prospects playing. Already people are losing it with OJ and 

DiPietro being on the taxi squad. Covid has made a very screwy season, with different rules, different divisions. No fans. If there's a write off season, I'm ok with it being this year. Our prospect pool is better than when we had Hunter Shinkaruk, and Jordan Subban. 

NHL as a whole has a better prospect pool compared to 10 years ago. It’s how teams are built now. If you consider the duration of our mediocrity you should expect to have have a centre or 2 being developed for the departure of Sutter/ Beagle. I’m including the taxi squad in my assessment. Cause guess what’s going to happen when they leave? Jim is going to pull his Pen out on July 1st and blow all his cap space like he does every year. Everyone is all pumped about this cap space that’s going to last like 5 hours. Lol. 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Agree.   He is officially the 7th worse +/- player (3rd worse defenseman) in the entire National Hockey League with 817 players having a better +/- than him.   I'd say 4.5 to 5.5/yr based on those stats but also considering his points (which are very good) would be fair.

Lol, its his 2nd season. What do y'all expect?  With his skating ability he is going to be one of the best offensive defenseman in the leauge for years to come. Its a little early to be writing him off.  If after 5 seasons Virtanen played half as well as Hughes does right now y'all would be singing his praises, but for Hughes it isn't good enough? 

Edited by CptCanuck16
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, aznmonk said:

You are trying to avoid spending on worthless stuff. It is advised for you to  invest in small savings to boost your financial health. Buy bitcoin..... your gonna be broke by Dec lol so save up on all those Christmas presents.

The craziest part is the first half is absolutely accurate. Literally just started a stock trading account online and I'm spending less because a baby is on the way hahahaha

The bitcoin part is wrong though lollll

6 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

The craziest part is the first half is absolutely accurate. Literally just started a stock trading account online and I'm spending less because a baby is on the way hahahaha

The bitcoin part is wrong though lollll

Wrong thread to discuss this, but what makes you say it’s wrong?  

If Bo and Sutter are out long term, along with Beagle, our FO winning percentage will take a massive hit and that is one of the few strengths of our team right now.. I am a half glass full person but this is the first time all season, I don't have hope for this club to make the playoffs. 

A few positives to take away from the season thus far:

-Brock is back!

-Hoglander looks like he is going to be a skilled, flashier version of Motte

-Demko is poised to continue in his development and become an the "guy" for us in the crease (no more doubt)

-we will be losing a few veteran bodies, hopefully at the deadline for some mid-round picks

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Lol, its his 2nd season. What do y'all expect?  With his skating ability he is going to be one of the best offensive defenseman in the leauge for years to come. Its a little early to be writing him off.  If after 5 seasons Virtanen played half as well as Hughes does right now y'all would be singing his praises, but for Hughes it isn't good enough? 

Oh for sure, I’m excited for his future here but all this talk about him getting 6-7 mil/year on his deal is WAY too premature. 

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Oh for sure, I’m excited for his future here but all this talk about him getting 6-7 mil/year on his deal is WAY too premature. 

Agreed.  
His D game has regressed this year it seems. 
He has a handful of years putting it all together before he gets that 8mill deal people keep talking about.  

Considering he is a turn over machine and a defensive liability (for now), I wouldn’t want to give him much more than 4.5

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Agreed.  
His D game has regressed this year it seems. 
He has a handful of years putting it all together before he gets that 8mill deal people keep talking about.  

Considering he is a turn over machine and a defensive liability (for now), I wouldn’t want to give him much more than 4.5

I find he plays better with a lead. When we're not winning he tries too much to score. Does not care about Dside at all.

Virtanen had a pretty good game last night, he was physical, getting chances and taking the puck to the net. 
Once Bo went down, Virtanen stepped up and started trying to drive the play. Perhaps with all these injuries in the top 6, Virtanen is feeling the pressure even moreso to produce and this might be what it takes to get his game going.

Here’s to hoping.

Also, Myers was a beast.

36 minutes ago, Cluminati* said:

Our hard working Captain goes down hard, struggled off the ice and is probably out long-term.. yet all we typically want to talk about after a loss is who needs to go, Quinn’s +/-, projected lineups, firing JB and TG etc. Sad!

Get well soon Bo! 

do you think we should all go stand outside his house and have a prayer vigil?

They are a professional sports team. The collective "they" are open to praise, adoration, critique and criticism. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 2