The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 22, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, D-Money said:

Chevy >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Benning

We shouldn’t forget that for years and years many Jets fans wanted Chevy gone. They said he wasn’t aggressive enough in improving the team. 

Many of them still want Maurice gone. 

• Vintage 1
9 hours ago, Jack Fig said:

I suspect Jim will get taken for a ride on Pete's new deal. 

just like he was taken for a ride on Boeser’s contract right?

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2
10 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

We shouldn’t forget that for years and years many Jets fans wanted Chevy gone. They said he wasn’t aggressive enough in improving the team. 

Many of them still want Maurice gone. 

True, but over the years as he patiently but up the team, it became clear his method was working. In just under 7 years from the date he was hired, the Jets made it to the Conference Finals, and he was nominated for GM of the Year.

We're about to hit 7 years with Benning. Great drafting, but numerous other errors that lead me to believe he'll never be able to build a winner.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Basically here’s the deal.

Green <<<<<<<<<<< every other coach ever

Benning <<<<<<<<< every other GM ever

Vets <<<<<<<<<<<< every other teams’ vets ever

Now we can alllll stop posting about it.

Edited by Me_
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

I’m honesty so sick of the cry babies man 

I know right??

compare the 2017-18 and 18-19 rosters to todays roster. 
The last year of the Sedins to the first year without, then to where we are now. Its been a very short turn around

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2
9 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Quote from Adam Lowry

image.png.2a092677f1456ab5bd26ec7190b13f5c.png

I knew when I saw that, that Horvats earned himself a lot of respect in this league already. I've seen him laughing with opponents and stuff too.

I haven't checked the rest of this thread post game but I'm gonna assume it's a $&!# show. See yall next game

• Vintage 4
13 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Quote from Adam Lowry

image.png.2a092677f1456ab5bd26ec7190b13f5c.png

yeah that was a great show of respect from WPG, very good to see. Some folks on here who like to whine about Bo not being good enough for them as captain need to read this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2
21 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Can everyone take a moment to acknowledge a few things

1) Benning inherited a team with no prospects, no up and comers aside from Horvat, 

A 24 year old Tanev and 24 year old Markstrom were nobodies?

10 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’m honesty so sick of the cry babies man 

It's pathetic. They just grasp at whatever they can to paint the worst picture. Why someone would follow a team and go to extremes to bash them doesn't make a lot of sense. It's like dating someone you don't like. -_-

• Like 2
  • Hydration 1
8 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Markstrom was a waiver wire guy at that time. But yeah Tanev

Edited by CanuckinEdm
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Marky wasn't great when Jim took over, we was actually on waivers once. We put a lot into getting him into where he is now. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, D-Money said:

True, but over the years as he patiently but up the team, it became clear his method was working. In just under 7 years from the date he was hired, the Jets made it to the Conference Finals, and he was nominated for GM of the Year.

We're about to hit 7 years with Benning. Great drafting, but numerous other errors that lead me to believe he'll never be able to build a winner.

I’ve always felt that Benning will be to the next GM what Nonis was to Gillis. It was really Nonis/Burke that built the bones of the 2010-11 team, Gillis just polished it all off. I think that’s what we’ll see here with this current group. 

Edited by Sean Monahan
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Marky wasn't great when Jim took over, we was actually on waivers once. We put a lot into getting him into where he is now. 

Goaltending coach should get credit for that.  Still a legitimate prospect though.  Disingenuous to state Benning inherited nothing but Horvat imho.  How many people really thought either Sedin would win the Art Ross trophy in 2008?  Marty St Louis I think was also put on waivers before he was a superstar.

Wont argue about how bad it was up front when Benning took over.  It was bad.  But behind the blueline, it was still decent enough.  In any event, when a GM is fired, of course there will be holes in the lineup generally.  If there weren’t, he wouldn’t have been fired.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan