The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 22, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Tough loss. We’re down all of our centermen due to injury. If they’re all out long term, you can kiss the postseason good bye. Nothing was going our way. We got our asses handed to us by the Jets. It’s time to give the kids some ice time and let them develop. Bounce back game tomorrow! GCG!

39 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Tough loss. We’re down all of our centermen due to injury. If they’re all out long term, you can kiss the postseason good bye. Nothing was going our way. We got our asses handed to us by the Jets. It’s time to give the kids some ice time and let them develop. Bounce back game tomorrow! GCG!

Read this:

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Phew.

You got that... right?

Edited by Me_
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Read this:

You got that... right?

I think our goaltending always gives us a chance or rather Demko.

It's up to the rest of the lineup to start pulling their weight (regardless of injuries).  I'm surprised Demko's back hasn't given out considering he's been carrying them all season.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think our goaltending always gives us a chance or rather Demko.

It's up to the rest of the lineup to start pulling their weight (regardless of injuries).  I'm surprised Demko's back hasn't given out considering he's been carrying them all season.

You can’t say “regardless of injuries” and watch a team work their butts off while missing 3 of 4 centres and call it even, and losing their last standing center halfway in the third period of a game.

Injuries are a thing bud. That’s how it works.

Being late at practice does not merit excuses.

Playing without your 1C, 2C, 3C and 4C, well that’s a bit of a thing I’d say...

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

You can’t say “regardless of injuries” and watch a team work their butts off while missing 3 of 4 centres and call it even, and losing their last standing center halfway in the third period of a game.

Injuries are a thing but. That’s how it works.

Haven't seen enough of that imho.  This isn't to say there aren't individuals (Motte for example) that *consistantly* do.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

7 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Cause Vesey drove like 150 within the province. 

Boyd need to fly commercial that is why he has to quarantine.

He should be ready to go Mar 31 when we return back for the final run.

Super to hear Bo is day to day, was sure he broke his foot/ ankle there..

• Vintage 1

I would like to take this opportunity to give a shout out to Travis Green. He is doing an amazing job developing our young core. If we keep playing like this under his superior leadership we should make the playoffs in the next 5 to 7 years. The future looks bright! 

• Sad 1
  • RoughGame 1

8 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Omg I would take lowry in a heartbeat. Sign. Me. Up. 

He would be ideal, but at what cost term and cap hit wise...will be 28 at the end of this month coming of a deal with a cap hit of 2.916m per. Does he get something similar to Tierney with a 3.5m cap hit but assuming he may want more term if he can get it

42 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Haven't seen enough of that imho.  This isn't to say there aren't individuals (Motte for example) that *consistantly* do.

You may be confounding “work ethic” with “mistakes”. They work hard. They also make a fair share of mistakes.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Well it is at least good to hear that Bo's injury isn't more serious than a bone bruise....but lets face it their season is done, I'm going to just enjoy what wins they can muster for the remainder of the season. IMHO they should not rush any of injured players back especailly Bo, would much rather have a completely healthy Bo for 2021-2022 season and the same with Petey. Time to play all the young guns and see what they can do

• Vintage 1