The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks claim Travis Boyd off waivers

9 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

So, it's wrong to want to be like Toronto? The team that's 1st in the division with the fewest goals against, as painful as that is to see.

Context. Top of the standings ya I’ll switch. As far as an organization, no thanks 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

A 1st + Rathbone/OJ +  a roster player would be the ask.. 

Not getting Ekholm for OJ.

We won't be making any trades like that anyways. Those types of trades are for teams making a run at the Cup. 

ouch. Seems like too much too soon, as you say, thats a Gillis type deal. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Devron44 said:

It’s true, my personal bias against the Leafs is showing.

What’s irritating is the whole Benning vs. Shanahan thing.

Couple things here, the teams did not take the same route. We were still loyal to the Sedins. Call it what you may if they should have said hell to them but they did their best to put together a team while they were still playing.

Also the Leafs were never anything like the Canucks before the Leafs so called Shanahan plan. They’ve hurt way way longer then we have and honestly not much separates the 2 teams to this day. 

I can’t compare the 2 even though people like to. Totally different timelines. For this guy to come out and say we should be striving to be like the Leafs is an absolute joke. I’ll give the Leafs this, they did win the lottery one year so good for them there. 

There are lots of teams below the Leafs for sure so maybe I blew it outta proportion. 

2 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

You (perhaps) conveniently forgot that the Laffs drafted Marner (4th) and Matthews (1st) during your timeline whereas JB has never drafted higher than fifth but I get it - you don’t like JB or just trolling cause all you do is nitpick his mistakes and non of what he has done well which is draft: Ep, QH, Demko and etc.   

Toronto is this supposed this 'clear favourite' because of their #proper rebuild.

Their 'plan' amounts to luck. And I'd put money on WPG over them in a playoff series, even with all that luck.

Can you imagine if they had Canuck luck and dropped in the Matthews draft instead? Imagine the Leafs with Puljujarvi instead? :lol: Does Tavares still sign there? Any of these vets on sweetheart deals? :lol:

Toronto tire pumpers also like to ignore the fact they've been rebuilding since 2006.

They've got some good players (largely through luck and being the centre of the universe) and are good, regular season team. That's about it.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Toronto is this supposed this 'clear favourite' because of their #proper rebuild.

Their 'plan' amounts to luck. And I'd put money on WPG over them in a playoff series, even with all that luck.

Can you imagine if they had Canuck luck and dropped in the Matthews draft instead? Imagine the Leafs with Puljujarvi instead? :lol: Does Tavares still sign there? Any of these vets on sweetheart deals? :lol:

Toronto tire pumpers also like to ignore the fact they've been rebuilding since 2006.

They've got some good players (largely through luck and being the centre of the universe) and are good, regular season team. That's about it.

U make really good points about lottery luck.I love debating my maple leaf loving friends on franchises. They always than go to the how many cups crap. They won their cups when there was 6 teams in the league. The last cup in '67 there was 12 teams in the league. In my eyes they have zero cups. That 6 team 12 team stuff doesn't count and wasn't earned. The maple leafs have the most delusion fan base in the world, Alain vigneault being there ultimate delusional, rose colored glasses fan in history. 

Your honor, I rest my case. ( the judge and all members of the jury stand and give me a standing ovation) 

2 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

You (perhaps) conveniently forgot that the Laffs drafted Marner (4th) and Matthews (1st) during your timeline whereas JB has never drafted higher than fifth but I get it - you don’t like JB or just trolling cause all you do is nitpick his mistakes and non of what he has done well which is draft: Ep, QH, Demko and etc.   

Actually.  If you look, for almost a solid decade ish they drafted essentially top 10 or better or in the case of the Kessel trade an additional 2 top 10 picks....

In fact if I recall over a 10-12 year period the Leafs, Oilers, Sabres, Panthers and Coyotes were essentially almost drafting top 10 every year with the Canes right behind them

Honestly, we really started at the absolute bottom of the barrel in comparison to a lot of young up and coming teams.

Not sure why we have a fan base freaking out about a waiver pick up.  better than a trade

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, just like the Habs, they are one of the favored clubs but nothing special about that club and imagine having 40% + of your salary stuck to mostly four players...

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Actually.  If you look, for almost a solid decade ish they drafted essentially top 10 or better or in the case of the Kessel trade an additional 2 top 10 picks....

In fact if I recall over a 10-12 year period the Leafs, Oilers, Sabres, Panthers and Coyotes were essentially almost drafting top 10 every year with the Canes right behind them

Honestly, we really started at the absolute bottom of the barrel in comparison to a lot of young up and coming teams.

Not sure why we have a fan base freaking out about a waiver pick up.  better than a trade

Great points; but having an oppsing view keeps this forum more interesting, even if they are just trolling - imo..

Edited by ShawnAntoski

6 hours ago, Master Mind said:

So, it's wrong to want to be like Toronto? The team that's 1st in the division with the fewest goals against, as painful as that is to see.

The Ballard curse will rectify everything,.  that’s what nobody wants..

If Pyramid Power can’t shake it, nothing can..

Edited by SilentSam

17 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Vesey Gaudette Virtanen

Boyd Hawryluk Motte

much better than

Gaudette Sutter Virtanen

Roussel Beagle Motte 

Better at tanking, maybe.

Sutter and Beagle are miles better. You have to be a Flames fan with a comment like that.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 hours ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

Hilarious the way everything turns into "Benning sucks!" vs. "Benning rules!!" around here. 

Seeks kinda obvious that he's had his share of hits and misses. 

Haha

he rules at sucking. I’ll give him that.