The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks claim Travis Boyd off waivers

9 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Better at tanking, maybe.

Sutter and Beagle are miles better. You have to be a Flames fan with a comment like that.

Beagle is a bum and the difference between Sutter and Gaudette isn't so large that you decide to extend Sutter instead of trading him at the deadline for assets.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

18 hours ago, Patrik Laine said:

U make really good points about lottery luck.I love debating my maple leaf loving friends on franchises. They always than go to the how many cups crap. They won their cups when there was 6 teams in the league. The last cup in '67 there was 12 teams in the league. In my eyes they have zero cups. That 6 team 12 team stuff doesn't count and wasn't earned. The maple leafs have the most delusion fan base in the world, Alain vigneault being there ultimate delusional, rose colored glasses fan in history. 

Your honor, I rest my case. ( the judge and all members of the jury stand and give me a standing ovation) 

Can't believe nobody has corrected you on this. The Leafs defeated Montreal in the Spring of 1967 to win their last Stanley Cup while the NHL expanded to 12 teams in the Fall of 1967. The Leafs have never won a cup with more than 6 teams in the league.

On this day in 1967, the Toronto Maple Leafs defeated the Montreal Canadiens in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final to win the franchise's 13th and, to date, its last championship.

After several years of discussion, the NHL announced in February 1966 that it would expand by six teams, doubling the league's size. The Los Angeles Kings, Minnesota North Stars, California Seals, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins and St. Louis Blues began play in the 1967–68 season.

Edited by Rick Blight
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Can't believe nobody has corrected you on this. The Leafs defeated Montreal in the Spring of 1967 to win their last Stanley Cup while the NHL expanded to 12 teams in the Fall of 1967. The Leafs have never won a cup with more than 6 teams in the league.

That's because other than throwing the occassional rock at the Leafs very few really give a carp about them.

Their fans will stay quiet, and the rest of us, don't care much.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

That's because other than throwing the occassional rock at the Leafs very few really give a carp about them.

Their fans will stay quiet, and the rest of us, don't care much.

Didn't want to leave anyone with the impression the Leafs were good enough to win a Cup in a 12 team league.:emot-parrot:

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

So we should re-sign Sutter. Got it. 4.5 cap hit on a 3rd line injury prone center is definitely the way to go. They should really replace you with GMJB!

No. We should likely try to improve upon him and get a younger replacement guy via trade. That however, may not be possible. In which case we should try to re-sign him for $1.5-$2m and 2'ish years as we very much still need a player with the capability to fill a 2 way, 3C who can PK and win draws role.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

So we should re-sign Sutter. Got it. 4.5 cap hit on a 3rd line injury prone center is definitely the way to go. They should really replace you with GMJB!

I'm sorry, I missed the part were he said that, can you quote him for me?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

No. We should likely try to improve upon him and get a younger replacement guy via trade. That however, may not be possible. In which case we should try to re-sign him for $1.5-$2m and 2'ish years as we very much still need a player with the capability to fill a 2 way, 3C who can PK and win draws role.

So you clearly just don't like Gaudette. And good luck getting Sutter to take a 50%+ salary cut. His camp will use Beagle as the absolute floor as they won't let him be paid less than the 4th line C, and add Sutter's ability to pot in a goal from time to time, he's likely a 3.5+ player

17 hours ago, Fidds said:

Sakes this team has no puck possession, gain the red dump and give the puck away.

It does blow my mind how repeating the same thing for the whole period would change anything. My gf who doesn't watch hockey caught a bit of hockey a couple of days ago, and the first thing she says is "It seems to me they're disorganized". LOL. She was talking about how there's barely any structure. If someone who doesn't watch hockey isn't impressed with how the team plays, I think it says something.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

So you clearly just don't like Gaudette. And good luck getting Sutter to take a 50%+ salary cut. His camp will use Beagle as the absolute floor as they won't let him be paid less than the 4th line C, and add Sutter's ability to pot in a goal from time to time, he's likely a 3.5+ player

I like Gaudette just fine as an offensive winger. But he's no 2way, faceoff winning, PK'ing 3C.

Sutter will get paid what the current market says he worth, which as an aging/declining, injury prone two way C in a flat cap will likely be about $1.5-$2m, like I said.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Sorry, I if missed this. Why does he go on the list but not Vesey?

Vesey was able to drive from Toronto to Ottawa to join the team and take the team charter home.

Boyd has to fly out from Toronto on a commercial flight and therefore needs to quarantine.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

It does blow my mind how repeating the same thing for the whole period would change anything. My gf who doesn't watch hockey caught a bit of hockey a couple of days ago, and the first thing she says is "It seems to me they're disorganized". LOL. She was talking about how there's barely any structure. If someone who doesn't watch hockey isn't impressed with how the team plays, I think it says something.

In your opinion, Is that on the GM/Coaches/Players or all of the above ?

8 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

On this day in 1967, the Toronto Maple Leafs defeated the Montreal Canadiens in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final to win the franchise's 13th and, to date, its last championship.

After several years of discussion, the NHL announced in February 1966 that it would expand by six teams, doubling the league's size. The Los Angeles Kings, Minnesota North Stars, California Seals, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins and St. Louis Blues began play in the 1967–68 season.

Thanks I looked up how many teams were in the league in 67 they said 12. I assumed that because the maple leafs won that year it was 12. Now I just look like a a$$. My shame is to great I will now fall upon my sword. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Patrik Laine said:

Thanks I looked up how many teams were in the league in 67 they said 12. I assumed that because the maple leafs won that year it was 12. Now I just look like a a$$. My shame is to great I will now fall upon my sword. 

I actually remember cheering against the Leafs in that series as did most people in Vancouver. Toronto did everything they could to keep Vancouver out of the NHL for that first expansion and there was no way any of us could cheer for the Leafs even though we didn't like Montreal much better.

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Vesey was able to drive from Toronto to Ottawa to join the team and take the team charter home.

Boyd has to fly out from Toronto on a commercial flight and therefore needs to quarantine.

Should’ve driven...

• Haha 2