The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

17 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He's out of his mind. Demko played outstanding. Winnipeg simply outplayed Vancouver. The shots were more equal than last game, but surely the chances Winnipeg had were better than ours. Our defence just wasn't up to snuff.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

my back has bee screwed up since i was 16 and popped a disc lifting weights, the pai was so bad my vision turned into what i could only describe as a fuzzy tv screen without a cable signal, that lasted for a minute then i passed out. i was back working out 5 minutes later, the power of walking it off.

T

Whoa that’s sounds rough. Good example of how someone can seriously injure themselves working out if they don’t do it properly. Not to say that this a the case in particular but damn right back at er hey 

Tim Peel has always been in that pool of more dubious referees, who have put themselves, their interests & their egos above the game. Doing things like carry-over justice, calling penalties or not based upon the score or the period of play the game is in & then orchestrating untimely or unfair pay-back to teams & players....is simply NOT cool! It has totally put the integrity of this great game at risk. 

Good-bye, Tim.

Kelly Sutherland & Dan O’Halloran should be called-out for their jaw-dropping actions & be joining you & Stephane Auger in unceremonious early retirement soon, too - if the hockey-gods are paying attention & so willing. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

He's out of his mind. Demko played outstanding. Winnipeg simply outplayed Vancouver. The shots were more equal than last game, but surely the chances Winnipeg had were better than ours. Our defence just wasn't up to snuff.

I saw it differently. The game was fairly even and I though Helly got lucky on a couple. We just couldn’t bury the puck tonight.. that’s a game Petey could/would have made a difference for us 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

we had  nearly twice as many shot attempts, demko was a.886 not exactly outstanding.

Edited by Petey_BOI

42 minutes ago, b3. said:

Is ours much better, honestly?! If you look at results.

Sabres havent been IN the playoffs the last 9 seasons, and haven't won a playoff series since 2006.

I think our future looks better too.

However miserable things have been here since 2010, it is far worse in Buffalo.  Of course, on top of it all, they're in Buffalo,  too.  Blech!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Kragar said:

Sabres havent been IN the playoffs the last 9 seasons, and haven't won a playoff series since 2006.

However miserable things have been here since 2010, it is far worse in Buffalo.  Of course, on top of it all, they're in Buffalo,  too.  Blech!

You know fans are in the dumps when comparing ourselves to Buffalo. We are due for some winning but it’s not even close to whatever fans are left in Buffalo have endured

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Whoa that’s sounds rough. Good example of how someone can seriously injure themselves working out if they don’t do it properly. Not to say that this a the case in particular but damn right back at er hey 

oh for sure i wasn't doing it right and it was my coaches fault. semester fit testing, where you measure your  max lift, I went down for my squat but  didnt come back up, kids shouldnt be doing max lifts, actually no one should.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Kragar said:

but buffalo is so close to many great cities, imagine the road trip potential.

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

oh for sure i wasn't doing it right and it was my coaches fault. semester fit testing, where you measure your  max lift, I went down for my squat but  didnt come back up, kids shouldnt be doing max lifts, actually no one should.

Yeah when you’re a kid you’re usually trying to lift as much as you can with no technique. A good coach would be a good idea 

1 minute ago, Cromeslab said:

I’m guessing coaching before gm but u never know

I’m fairly certain that’s what will happen. Aqua isn’t paying 2 guys especially after covid judging by his statements etc. Green probably not resigned and Benning has 2 years imo 

• Cheers 3