The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Isn't Benning the one who built this core?  If so, are you suggesting a new GM comes in and trades everybody?  I mean if the core sucks like you say that is what should happen right?

The core is fine.  But a core on it's own is not enough.  You need good secondary/periphery/depth support pieces.

Benning has failed tremendously with supporting the core.

Edited by Alain Vigneault
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Isn't Benning the one who built this core?  If so, are you suggesting a new GM comes in and trades everybody?  I mean if the core sucks like you say that is what should happen right?

He hasn't been able to add anything to it. He added Toffoli and then lost him because he ran out of time. Embarassing. A competent gm would have not let that happen or had a plan to replace him. He seems so cluseless sometimes.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, Alain Vigneault said:

The core is fine.  But a core is not enough.  You need good secondary/periphery/depth support pieces.

Healthy bodies would help too

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

we had  nearly twice as many shot attempts, demko was a.886 not exactly outstanding.

Stats alone don't tell you the story. Our shot attempts were mostly kept to the outside. There were some rebound chances, but nothing too dangerous. Yes, there were a few posts, so that's unlucky. Meanwhile, look at the goals that Demko let in. Can you honestly tell me that he had a chance with those, especially the ones with the rebounds?

I don't understand the love-in with Green. It's always the same issues with his rosters. We lost two games we absolutely had to win, and they were both lacked hope. The first game, sure, it was 1-0, but we were BADLY outshot. Same with his other games. It's Green/Baumer.

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I'm sure there are a plenty of fish of things to do in the evenings

Ah I was just curious cause imo we are lucky to have hockey on with the crap going on in the world. I don’t understand why someone cant wait to have it over again 

Just now, Dazzle said:

Stats alone don't tell you the story. Our shot attempts were mostly kept to the outside. There were some rebound chances, but nothing too dangerous. Yes, there were a few posts, so that's unlucky. Meanwhile, look at the goals that Demko let in. Can you honestly tell me that he had a chance with those, especially the ones with the rebounds?

I don't understand the love-in with Green. It's always the same issues with his rosters. We lost two games we absolutely had to win, and they were both lacked hope. The first game, sure, it was 1-0, but we were BADLY outshot. Same with his other games. It's Green/Baumer.

this is like the exact same  argument for when we won but didn't deserve it, except for the opposite teams. you all are driving me mad.

• RoughGame 1

The core is fine.  But a core on it's own is not enough.  You need good secondary/periphery/depth support pieces.

If the core is "fine" to you, does that mean Benning deserves credit for that? Oh wait. This is another Jim Benning bashing post.

My biggest beef with Benning is having these two coaches run behind the bench for as long as they have. I agree with you actually that the team is better than what the record shows.

Why the EFF is Roussel in the lineup? And Hughes just has those pizza deliveries this game. What's going on?

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

this is like the exact same  argument for when we won but didn't deserve it, except for the opposite teams. you all are driving me mad.

No, we deserved to lose both these games. We played like crap. The second game was better, but not good enough. There wasn't a lot of urgency at times, hence the lack of penalties drawn. Even with the PP, we just overpass.

5 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

And who brought in the core. Lol. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

If YoU iGnOrE tHe GoOd PaRtS iT sUcKeD 

What exactly since 2011 has been good?

Getting dummied by LA?  Swept by the Sharks?  Embarrassed by the Flames?

Or are we venturing into drafts as "happy" moments?

• Haha 3

I like Travis Green, but I also understand why people want him fired. Its increasingly difficult to defend a person who

after losing 5-1 thinks that his team had a good game just a few things didnt go our way. I cannot get my head around

the logic.

No Travis you didnt play well. We had 1 good period. 1. How the fyck are we supposed to improve and turn the corner

if you think theres nothing to improve on, just things arent going our way. If you look at his answers tonight its a fycking

carbon copy of the games we lost 5-0 in the BEGGINING of the season. I agree with being positive and take the positives

out of each game moving forward but theres a certain level you cross that you start to sound delusional. 

In Travis Greens mind we actually have a cup contender its just:

- Have to give credit to the goalie.

- Thats a good team over there.

- We just didnt get the bounces.

- We played good enough to win just didnt get the results.

- Liked our game better than last (uhhh you lost 4-0 last game but ok)

Sometimes Travis, just call it like it is just say we suck.

• Thanks 2

It’s time to move on if you can’t enjoy some of the good times. Why do it to yourself?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Literally last season.