The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

One step forward, 2 back, at least we didn't just lose 2 straight to Ottawa...

There is a clear distinction between the winners and losers in this division now, we knocked on the door for about 3 days but we simply don't belong if we play like that.

That was an easy 4 points for Winnipeg and it really came down to their PP just ruining our PK. 

1 hour ago, Petey_BOI said:

You honestly think a rookie who hasn't played NA hockey is going to tilt the needle? the amount of luck we going to need to win 15 out of 19 or say 12 out of 19 and mtl to play .400 hockey is 5 leaf clover kinda luck.

I do to some point from what I’ve seen,we need to focus on D like I said

7 hours ago, drdeath said:

This is shaping up to be a turtle race for the last playoff spot 

Really? If you use points percentage to account for games in hand, it looks like a pretty clear top 4 to me.

1 - Toronto - .656

2 - Winnipeg - .636

3 - Edmonton - .618

4 - Montreal - .597

————————————

5 - Calgary - .485

6 - Vancouver - .473

27 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

He already messed things up. This is his last Season IMO

I think he has another pre-season and deserves one, especially I rather have him as a GM for the upcoming draft.

But if he goes who would you hire?

I like Benning BUT IF I need a new GM I would go for Mark Hunter.

4 hours ago, CanuckleHorse said:

Those dudes that the haters/idiots call useless hmmm maybe Jim knows what he’s doing :metal:

Except those "defensive" dudes were here for games 1-30 and did squat in establishing us as a contender.

3 hours ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

Every time I see the Canucks get a Too many men penalty I think if this image...."Too much man" one of the best, always brings a smile to my face.

Its a shame the penalties today brought tears to my eyes!!!!

Me too. That's Gary Roberts, IIRC...

About the game: The Canucks' brutal puck luck this season continues....I can't recall ever seeing a Canucks squad that got this many bad bounces. I thought they deserved better last night. Maybe not a win, but that should have been a one-goal game, IMO, based on the run of play....

The boys really miss Petey. Right after the injury, the team went on a mini run, thanks to a "circle the wagons" mentality....but that kind of thing usually doesn't last long. It was especially obvious on the PP last night. With Miller in Petey's usual one-timer spot, the bump play from the goal line to Bo in the slot just doesn't seem to be there. Boes looks a bit lost as well.

Of course, as others have already pointed out, the loss of so many centers, really messes with the chemistry. I think Miller and Gaudette are doing as well as can be expected, but when you have to move guys around like that, there's usually a ripple effect down the lineup.

Anyway, I think these two games are probably the final nail in the coffin. I'll enjoy watching the games the rest of the way, sans expectations of any sort of postseason play....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

Andrew Copp with his 4 goals last night made some woman in Wpg. $100,000 richer

in the Save-On-Foods Million Dollar Score and Win contest! :ph34r:

So there's that!

That's amazing. I went to bed but wish we just let him score his 5th goal... Make Jimmy Pattison cough up that extra 900k! 

Too bad for sure. 

As for the game the trolls can mope and whine all they want, I wouldn't trade rosters with a single team in this league. Get a grip trolls. 

Too many kids used to playing NHL on Xbox, smh... Now they've grown up and they prob still playing Xbox and pretending they better gm and coach than the guys who took us 1 period away from the west final 

19 minutes ago, BENN said:

I think he has another pre-season and deserves one, especially I rather have him as a GM for the upcoming draft.

But if he goes who would you hire?

I like Benning BUT IF I need a new GM I would go for Mark Hunter.

I would like Dean Lombardi, he's excellent with Trades and knows how to negotiate when signing (or re-signing) players. 

Most of all he knows how to build a Stanley cup team with limited offensive ability. Like it or not (which I don't) the King's won two cups w/o average scoring stats.

Which shows he know how to build a roster despite any limitations.