The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

10 hours ago, joe-max said:

Yuk. I wouldn't mind a Baertschi in that lineup, for some skill at least.

Well that's what you get when 5 key forwards are potentially out with injury. Making a lineup is like moving deck chairs on the Titanic!

Of course Baer is in Utica so would have to go through quarantine to play in Canada, so isn't a realistic option anyway.

35 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

It’s interesting. I think If they want to eliminate “game management” that’s gotta come right from to top to the refs.

It’s a known fact that games are called differently each game.

My eyes really opened up in the Montreal series. That was criminal imo.

I understand that it is a tough job and easier for us to look at replays from our couches but games like the ones in Montreal really make you wonder.

Yeah, the Montreal series, cemented there status as game managers (imo) cause I ve live in other countries were games are openly being fixed & managed and (like you imply) the officiating in that series was atrocious.  Even the post game highlights was giving them cover: no mention or highlight of the obvious interference that cause the Anderson breakaway in OT.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

A great goal tender can take a team a long way. A hot goal tender can allow a mid road team beat some of the best in the league. 

No problem for the NHL.

They just call tons of penalties allowing teams to have a better chance at beating a hot goal tender.

13 minutes ago, Me_ said:

That would be interesting...

Solidarity amongst the corrupt?

They put the whistles away league-wide?

I would think the opposite would be more effective.

Call every single stick infraction the way the rules are written now. Have the game take like 4 hours to complete. :lol:

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Call every single stick infraction the way the rules are written now. Have the game take like 4 hours to complete. :lol:

Wouldn't be the worst idea. No sense in having rules if they aren't followed.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Better yet call everything against one team and nothing at all against the other, that’ll show ‘em.

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Love it.

Thats a whole new world of sports reconfiguration right there.

And it only took one man.

Mr. Peel.

20 hours ago, Slegr said:

I heard Alain Vigneault may get canned if Flyers don’t make playoffs. He’d have my vote.

Lol.  While we are at it with don't we try and get Crow back.   If AV can't coach a vet team with that much youth into tie playoffs, what makes you so sure he can do better here?   Why not Julien?  He's actually won a cup.   Not saying we couldn't do better - but careful what you ask for. 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Forward lines without Pettersson, Horvat, Sutter, Beagle & Pearson?...

Vesey Miller Boeser

Hoglander Gaudette Virtanen

Motte Graovac MacEwen

Roussel Michaelis Hawryluk

Where’s Loui little thing er in all of this.

I protest!!!!

• Haha 1