The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Oh, okay. Almost 10 years without a 30 goal scorer and thats why. Yup totally. 

Are you honestly trying to sell me that Brock Boeser wouldn’t have scored 1 goal in 11 games to get to 30? Because that is laughable at best.

Or 4 in 13 games the following season. 

• Haha 1

On 3/24/2021 at 10:38 PM, CptCanuck16 said:

Aquilini Tweeted directly that he has full trust in Green and his process and plans to change nothing.  Maybe that's smoke and mirrors but if you take him at his word it sounds like Green et all will be back again next year.

But if that's the case why not extend him before the end of the season then? Why make him wait? I mean, Green may not even want to be back with the way he's been treated. 

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

Again, nothing.

:towel:Go Canucks

Again smarmy. 

Is Myers perfect? Absolutely not. 

Is he as brutal as you say? Not even close. 

Is he overpaid? By 500k-1mil at most. 

He has a size and skill set we lack. He is very mobile for his size, he can slot in on the PP or PK. Too many get way too focused on analytics now and don't look at the whole picture. 

The need to s*** on the Players/Coach/GM etc. to appear to be a realist is nauseating as well. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

But if that's the case why not extend him before the end of the season then? Why make him wait? I mean, Green may not even want to be back with the way he's been treated. 

It’s not like they don’t communicate with him, for all we know they could have already talked with him and told him they will evaluate after the season. Certainly looks to be the case from the outside. 

On 3/25/2021 at 10:46 AM, xereau said:

Canucks vs Florida 2016, there was a semi lame 'bench brawl' at the end of a game.

Gallant beaked off to the Sedins that they should kill themselves like Rick Rypien.

Gallant will never ever coach in Vancouver.

I can understand "heat of the moment" type situations, maybe this was one of those moments? I don't have full context of the situation, so I can't really say. 

Gallant seems like a good coach though. Just doesn't seem to be able to stick with a team for longer than 2-3 years. What's the deal with that? 

He's stuck with Columbus for 2.5 seasons, fired. Florida for 2.5 seasons, then also fired. Then with Vegas, you guessed it, 2.5 seasons, and then was fired. The guy cannot seem to stick around longer than 2.5 seasons before he's fired. Is this a character issue? Just bad timing? What is it with the man? 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Again smarmy. 

Is Myers perfect? Absolutely not. 

Is he as brutal as you say? Not even close. 

Is he overpaid? By 500k-1mil at most. 

He has a size and skill set we lack. He is very mobile for his size, he can slot in on the PP or PK. Too many get way too focused on analytics now and don't look at the whole picture. 

The need to s*** on the Players/Coach/GM etc. to appear to be a realist is nauseating as well. 

More than 500-1mil given his performance and role.

Again, size, speed, etc. are all just inputs. They don't magically make a player good, you need a toolbox for the tools.

And again, flashbacks to all the Gudbranson arguments.

Edited by kanucks25

3 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

More than 500-1mil given his performance and role.

Again, size, speed, etc. are all just inputs. They don't magically make a player good, you need a toolbox for the tools.

And again, flashbacks to all the Gudbranson arguments.

Agree to disagree and Myers>>>>>>>>Gudbranson. Laughable comparison at best. 

Edited by canuck73_3

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Agree to disagree and Myers>>>>>>>>Gudbranson. Laughable comparison at best. 

It's not that they are equal or even similar players. It's just the same arguments we had back then.

Gudbranson sucks; if you want to agree to disagree on the eye test, all the stats point to it.

"No, but he's big and right-handed and great in the locker-room and provides something the team doesn't have."

Yeah, but he's a garbage player, so who cares?

Myers isn't garbage but he's well overpaid, for the same reasons Gudbranson was - "toolsy" =/= good.

I don't care if he's the most impressive physical specimen that has ever graced this earth, I don't care if his neck is 18 inches long instead of 12... if he doesn't have the toolbox, it doesn't matter.

And by the way, just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm smarmy. It's actually smarmy to suggest that, if anything.

36 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Just doesn't seem to be able to stick with a team for longer than 2-3 years. What's the deal with that?

That used to be the norm, you know? Coaches have a shelf life. This whole "give 'em a decade or two to prove himself"  mentality y'all have with Green isn't normal. Look back at the Canucks all time list of coaches. There are only a few that lasted for 4 years and coincidentally they all had winning records, unlike Green. 

Edited by CptCanuck16

28 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

It's not that they are equal or even similar players. It's just the same arguments we had back then.

Gudbranson sucks; if you want to agree to disagree on the eye test, all the stats point to it.

"No, but he's big and right-handed and great in the locker-room and provides something the team doesn't have."

Yeah, but he's a garbage player, so who cares?

Myers isn't garbage but he's well overpaid, for the same reasons Gudbranson was - "toolsy" =/= good.

I don't care if he's the most impressive physical specimen that has ever graced this earth, I don't care if his neck is 18 inches long instead of 12... if he doesn't have the toolbox, it doesn't matter.

And by the way, just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm smarmy. It's actually smarmy to suggest that, if anything.

You’re not smarmy because you disagree, you're smarmy because you discredit everything positive about Myers brought up to you by anyone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Are you honestly trying to sell me that Brock Boeser wouldn’t have scored 1 goal in 11 games to get to 30? Because that is laughable at best.

Or 4 in 13 games the following season. 

That's not the point. The point was we haven't been scoring very many goals for a very long time. This whole not scoring thing has been going on for awhile. It dried up and had shown glimpses of coming back last season. Miller, Pete, Bo, Boeser, all looked lethal, with Virt almost at 20. It sucks the season was cut short. Now this season the struggles are there again, but with Boeser leading the way. No one at a point per game.

3 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

That's not the point. The point was we haven't been scoring very many goals for a very long time. This whole not scoring thing has been going on for awhile. It dried up and had shown glimpses of coming back last season. Miller, Pete, Bo, Boeser, all looked lethal, with Virt almost at 20. It sucks the season was cut short. Now this season the struggles are there again, but with Boeser leading the way. No one at a point per game.

Point stands no 30 goal scorers is disingenuous at best and at least a reach when looking at the contrary evidence and ignoring shortened seasons due to injury or pandemic. 

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

I can understand "heat of the moment" type situations, maybe this was one of those moments? I don't have full context of the situation, so I can't really say. 

Gallant seems like a good coach though. Just doesn't seem to be able to stick with a team for longer than 2-3 years. What's the deal with that? 

He's stuck with Columbus for 2.5 seasons, fired. Florida for 2.5 seasons, then also fired. Then with Vegas, you guessed it, 2.5 seasons, and then was fired. The guy cannot seem to stick around longer than 2.5 seasons before he's fired. Is this a character issue? Just bad timing? What is it with the man? 

It wasn't Gallant.  Already been discussed in this thread.  

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You’re not smarmy because you disagree, you're smarmy because you discredit everything positive about Myers brought up to you by anyone. 

I don't discredit everything about Myers.

I've said I wouldn't mind the guy if he was paid like a bottom-pairing D-man because that's how he's deployed and that's how he performs.

I'd say the same things about a guy like Stecher if he was paid 6M, but he's not, he's paid 1.7M.

Nothing personal against the player, I wouldn't rag on him or any other player that plays up to or at least close to their cap-hit.

• Haha 1