The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

25 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Man these guys are dense. I won't even reply to that one Klown troll anymore but yeah:

What do people think Myers gets if he's a UFA next year? I'd bet he still gets $5.5 over 4 or something similar. Top UFA RD's command top dollar and UFA's are almost always overpaid in their final years in order to land them, especially the good ones.

Stating that one would rather go cheaper or in a different direction is fine. That's a valid hockey conversation. Attacking Benning or other posters because we did go the Myers route is incredibly shortsighted, childish, semantic, and annoying. Nobody is arguing that Myers is Paul Coffey, or Lidstrom, but RD are incredibly hard to find. He's one of the better options in the league like it or not. They cost money. I wish people would stop complaining because JB doesn't GM like they do. I would tell them, go to school, play hockey your entire life, and then GM your own team when you're 50, and for now STFU! :lol:

Man I can handle complaints but the Myers stuff I can’t wrap my head around. It’s literally anti Benning people trying to add to their lists of bad things to say. He’s got some goofs, some home runs and some that are just plain bad luck. Myers isn’t really any of those, he just is. He’s a good defencemen on the side of ice we desperately need. He provides some push back, leadership some offence and plays hard minutes.. Literally if he was on another team Canucks fans would want him. Guaranteed 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Man I can handle complaints but the Myers stuff I can’t wrap my head around. It’s literally anti Benning people trying to add to their lists of bad things to say. He’s got some goofs, some home runs and some that are just plain bad luck. Myers isn’t really any of those, he just is. He’s a good defencemen on the side of ice we desperately need. He provides some push back, leadership some offence and plays hard minutes.. Literally if he was on another team Canucks fans would want him. Guaranteed 

Well yeah. It's so bloody obvious. They're not being objective at all, just going out of their way to insist this proves Benning is an idiot. You never see these guys try to be civil and slightly agree on valid points or admit they weren't looking at it that way, while re-thinking/re-stating/re-qualifying their view. Nope! Just straight out denial and bickering, and it never changes day to day. That's not a conversation.

I know sometimes I have bad days but I truly try to engage with others for the most part and see their viewpoints, and even make them mine. I for one don't like Tryamkin but I still tune in there often to see any news. I rarely post there but every month or two I'll leave my same stale comments as too why I don't like him. I think that's acceptable. I don't linger there, or on other thread topics hating on him like these guys do. And when I do either Harry Kneel, or more likely Silent Sam sets me straight right away. :towel:

The funniest part is they think they're fooling people when they're only fooling themselves. You know, like your buddy or kid that tells you half truths and thinks they're getting away with it. :picard:

::D:P:lol:

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Maybe people were expecting ... Trouba at 8 x8 lol or - AP how's that working out so far for Vegas ... or  maybe EK?  How's that going for SJ so far? 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Maybe people were expecting ... Trouba at 8 x8 lol or - AP how's that working out so far for Vegas ... or  maybe EK?  How's that going for SJ so far? 

Nah, keep players like Stecher and Tanev before you let someone get 6 mill just because he’s bigger than Stecher but less player. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Well yeah. It's so bloody obvious. They're not being objective at all, just going out of their way to insist this proves Benning is an idiot. You never see these guys try to be civil and slightly agree on valid points or admit they weren't looking at it that way, while re-thinking/re-stating/re-qualifying their view. Nope! Just straight out denial and bickering, and it never changes day to day. That's not a conversation.

I know sometimes I have bad days but I truly try to engage with others for the most part and see their viewpoints, and even make them mine. I for one don't like Tryamkin but I still tune in there often to see any news. I rarely post there but every month or two I'll leave my same stale comments as too why I don't like him. I think that's acceptable. I don't linger there, or on other thread topics hating on him like these guys do. And when I do either Harry Kneel, or more likely Silent Sam sets me straight right away. :towel:

The funniest part is they think they're fooling people when they're only fooling themselves. You know, like your buddy or kid that tells you half truths and thinks they're getting away with it. :picard:

::D:P:lol:

It's a little unfortunate but do think the vast majority see the shades of grey and that things aren't so black and white.   I can see both sides of the JB and TG thing, but still think at least for now anyways, that both have done an above average job overall.     We don't know how any of our recent rookie ascension would have happened with a coach like Torts for example.   Always has his favourites right?   Julien got fired, Sutter got hired - whoopie.    Glad we don't have a recycled has been personally. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

Nah, keep players like Stecher and Tanev before you let someone get 6 mill just because he’s bigger than Stecher but less player. 

Pretty simple concept here that people are shockingly having trouble understanding.

Better @ hockey + cheap cap = better asset

It's about as simple as that.

So far people have typed up a lot of long posts yet nobody has still been able to explain why Myers is awful statistically?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Stetcher was exposed last playoff, or have you forgotten already, just kept pounding his side and he with all the heart he had, couldn't keep up.   What did he get again in Detroit?  Less then 2.   Tanev well yes he's great no argument there.   Why don't we just be a little patient before we pass judgement there. That's a silly post. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, IBatch said:

Stetcher was exposed last playoff, or have you forgotten already, just kept pounding his side and he with all the heart he had, couldn't keep up.   What did he get again in Detroit?  Less then 2.   Tanev well yes he's great no argument there.   Why don't we just be a little patient before we pass judgement there. That's a silly post. 

I remember only one game when he was pushed around and he still got the final word when we won and he kept it up. 

What do you think will happen when Hughes get that attention? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I remember only one game when he was pushed around and he still got the final word when we won and he kept it up. 

What do you think will happen when Hughes get that attention? 

Nah - he was exposed from St. louis right through Vegas - and  Hughes was too after St. louis except for a few minutes in one game against Vegas.   Losing Myers hurt our team.     They purposely went after Stetcher's side both series.... and yes he held up ok but when Myers was on the ice it wasn't at all the same.    The team can't have two sub six foot D's and win a cup.   At least that's how i feel. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Nah - he was exposed from St. louis right through Vegas - and  Hughes was too after St. louis except for a few minutes in one game against Vegas.   Losing Myers hurt our team.     They purposely went after Stetcher's side both series.... and yes he held up ok but when Myers was on the ice it wasn't at all the same.    The team can't have two sub six foot D's and win a cup.   At least that's how i feel. 

Stech is all heart but I agree with letting him go. 

Much like Hughes, he had to be paired with someone else who can make up for his lack of size. 

We can't have 2 of those on our back end. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

If Juolevi sticks I think he and Myers could make a nice pairing either later this season or next.  

Hard to speculate though because the D needs to really be ironed out.  

It’s a big offseason to shuffle the bottom 6 and D.  Makes me think if Aquilini isn’t willing to move on from JB mid season it sure doesn’t seem wise to be trying to find a replacement in what looks to be the most important offseason in recent memory... (Hughes, Petey contacts plus all the opportunity around the expansion draft.) 

• Cheers 3

4 hours ago, viking mama said:

You don’t believe Horvat has more upside than Miller?

You’d sell him?

I’m gob-smacked.

I think he has extremely high value, a top 10 winger in the league value. I don’t stand behind trading him , but he may be the most sought after player on the team. I was just kinda fishing the idea because I’m bored with the Canucks lay off.