The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

7 hours ago, Devron44 said:

I’m in some keeper league fantasy pools and I’ve had my eye on the kid but didn’t understand why he hasn’t been signed by an NHL. That’s a lot of heart if he turned down offers.

Where is the Frozen 8 televised?

It’s been upon TSN2 as Collegiate Hockey & Game Centre Live.

Don’t know if it’s on Hockey TV.

Frozen Four will be in Pittsburgh/Boston, April 8 thru 10th. 

If UND prevails, I expect Kawaguchi, as an undrafted NCAA two-time first-team all-star & grad, will get at least a few NHL teams to re-kick his tires.

Edited by viking mama

40 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

To be fair I'd rather have Markstrom + Tanev over Schmidt and Holtby. Same cap hit. You can argue the longevity of the idea but at the end of the day Markstrom and Tanev did a lot for this team and were clearly glue pieces. 

If there was a way to sign them to deals you could trade for, their trade value far exceeds our players as well. 

And trade Demko?

I think JB made the right call on Marky vs Demko. Schmidt was a good acquisition, I'd do that trade all over again. I think JB should have found a way to keep Tanev by clearing some cap even if it meant losing an asset or sign a cheaper backup instead of signing Holtby.

The optimal choice was to go with Demko + Schmidt + Tanev (11.5 mil) vs Schmidt + Holtby (10.3 mil).

Signing Holtby made sense at the time since Demko has not established himself as #1 just yet, but in hindsight... we could've had a super deep defence pairings 

Edler-Myers

Schmidt-Hamonic

Hughes-Tanev

OJ-Benn

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

He's been their best D-man.

His team sucking has nothing to do with him - it's equal to blaming Hughes or Pettersson or X player on our team for our woes.

That’s probably why they’re not that threatening this year, Tanev is good but if he is your best defenseman. Good luck. 

2 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

Yeah, he was brutal last game, but has been good overall this season considering how bad their team is overall.

Doesn't change anything though - Myers could easily be scratched given this same play on a different team.

Stecher is still having a better season than Myers, at just over 25% the cost.

That is just a biased and frankly awful take. If Stecher is so good why doesn't he get PP or PK time on a brutal Detroit team. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

Is it like a board ritual that when you lose an argument you just respond with a meaningless emoji?

I've been here for over a dozen years, never heard of it. Strange.

:towel:Go Canucks.

Why argue with someone who’s mind is made up? 

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

To be fair I'd rather have Markstrom + Tanev over Schmidt and Holtby. Same cap hit. You can argue the longevity of the idea but at the end of the day Markstrom and Tanev did a lot for this team and were clearly glue pieces. 

If there was a way to sign them to deals you could trade for, their trade value far exceeds our players as well. 

The cap hits aren’t the problem for Markstrom and Tanev, the term is. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

17 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

That is just a biased and frankly awful take. If Stecher is so good why doesn't he get PP or PK time on a brutal Detroit team. 

I never said he's "so good".

I said he's performing better than Myers, and doing it for just over a quarter of the cost.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Why argue with someone who’s mind is made up? 

All the evidence supports my claims.

Why would I magically change my opinion for no reason? Convince me otherwise with something tangible (spoiler: there's no really evidence to refute what I'm saying).

Because calling me smarmy or a troll or X personal insult isn't ammo in a hockey discussion.

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Laughable at best. 

As expected.

Edited by kanucks25

Just now, kanucks25 said:

All the evidence supports my claims.

Why would I magically change my opinion for no reason? Convince me otherwise with something tangible (spoiler: there's no really evidence to refute what I'm saying).

Because calling me smarmy or a troll or X personal insult isn't ammo in a hockey discussion.

Healthy scratch, Detroit Red Wings. End of story. 

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Healthy scratch, Detroit Red Wings. End of story. 

6M for the below. End of story.

22 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

image.png.6a03eb73792c36af23d4e920c67f8676.png

Also consider that he's not being used on the shutdown role (tough assignment / against other team's best).

And the minor penalties.

The fact that someone is even attempting to paint Stecher as a better option than Myers in anyway means that discussing hockey is a lost cause

One was a highly sought after top of class FA and the other plays sheltered minutes and is a healthy scratch on the second worst team in the league. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1