The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Boo bah humbug grumble.  This, alone, is making me cranky.  Miss EP.

EDIT:  Ohhhhh, annnnd it's a full moon today.  Explains everything *howl*

That stinks. I was hoping he’d come back after the break. If he’s out this long, why can’t the Canucks tell us what happened. A wrist injury was the rumour?

15 minutes ago, Slegr said:

That stinks. I was hoping he’d come back after the break. If he’s out this long, why can’t the Canucks tell us what happened. A wrist injury was the rumour?

Happens to most NHL teams.  Super secretive about disclosing injuries

57 minutes ago, BPA said:

I think I was leaning towards Nylander cuz his father played in the NHL.  So figured he got some good genes.

Ehlers was +65 in his draft year of Junior so he was my choice. I’ve always wondered if JB made any attempt to trade up two spots with Edmonton to snag Draisaitl at number four. What a difference he could have made.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Ok

But a local kid bleeds Canucks and give everything he got for the team. 
A mercenary can never get there.

.....or a local kid could become more easily distracted by a local possee, not grow up & fail to become that bleeding-heart professional who makes the necessary sacrifices to truly succeed? 

^Some local kids require a change of scenery for good reasons.

College kids frequently fare much better  because they quickly learn how to find a balance in making all of the necessary sacrifices for education, team, scholarships & grades...or simply lose it all. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Schmautzie said:

Ehlers was +65 in his draft year of Junior so he was my choice. I’ve always wondered if JB made any attempt to trade up two spots with Edmonton to snag Draisaitl at number four. What a difference he could have made.

I was for Draisaitl all the way, back then.

He had size, skill & stature - but he also apparently interviewed extremely well. He clearly demonstrated early maturity, well before that draft, and a supremely high-level of sacrifice to improve himself, in every area - as a professional athlete.  

^All of the other things being equal or not, that particular ‘quality’ stood out comparably well ahead of all the others & boded well for his future success. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Tanev injury history says hi

he hasn't missed a game since he and the Canucks trainers/equipment staff went through his gear piece by piece in the name of maximizing it's protective abilities prior to last season. 

32 minutes ago, tas said:

he hasn't missed a game since he and the Canucks trainers/equipment staff went through his gear piece by piece in the name of maximizing it's protective abilities prior to last season. 

Sorry, I hadn’t heard that. When did that take place?

1 hour ago, tas said:

This is true. It's also true that he got hurt right as the Covid shut down happened and likely would have missed games.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Ouch, and Shea is a local player. That was a really bad drafting.

Yup, we don't seem to like local much...especially after the virtanen choice kind of failed miserably. I was hoping Canucks would have taken Kaeden Korczak from the Rockets with their 2nd round pick when  he was taken as I thought me might be able to turn into a good partner for Quinn, but we took Hoggy instead...which for right now looks decent for us but you can't discount how important drafting D is and that they can take a bit longer to develop vs a F

5 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I honestly wish they'd not do pressers and just focus at this point.  What more is there to say?

Sure, report lineup changes (or not) but the rest is just getting to be redundant.  19 games left, put your head down and GO.  See what happens.

The constant press conferences or media availability is just too  much. Let a coach/GM/Captain/alternate captain do media talks but not everyday...pre game then intermission then post game its a bit much. The "TEAM" should be focusing at the task at hand, playing and winning hockey games not answering media questions on the regular

• Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

Not sure about MTLs cap space but Pearson would be a good playoff fit for them

Agreed and they got lots of picks, maybe we retain on Pearson take back Lehkonen (try to flip him for a pick or walk from his contract in the summer) AND get a 2nd round pick if possible, but Pearson is not having a great offensive season this year plus who knows when he can come back or at what level of play

4 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Happens to most NHL teams.  Super secretive about disclosing injuries

Afraid opposition will target the player where they had their injury when they come back?? Major reason why I firmly believe you can't get rid of fighting 100% out of hockey, because if someone wants to go after your top guy to try to hurt him or re-injure him then you need to have a player or a small group of players that will stand up for that and do something about it.

AND the answer is NOT to score on the PP...it didn't work in 2011 against a big nasty team who targeted our players so learn from that going forward I would hope!? Not saying its goon hockey like the good ole days but you need to have some kind of an enforcer who will drop the mitts and not tolerate that kind of stuff to happen to your teammates

1 hour ago, tas said:

My question is, he was GlassMan for quite some time...why did it take the team that long to do this thorough equipment assessment!?