The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Hughes is a big defensive liability.. kinda sucks but he’s young and I think he’ll get it together. Doesn’t help that he always tries to force a pass or shot through opposing teams players, he also tends to stay on the ice for a minute and a half to 2 minutes. Hard to blame the coaches with time management when he literally just doesn’t get off the ice even when his partner is long gone. He ends up getting caught all the time because of that I’ve noticed.

He’s young lots of room to grow and mature.

Doesn’t help that Baum is a our defensive coach and our veteran dmen haven’t really been a good example this year.

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I would do Virtanen trade with any player coming back. He has played for the Canucks for many years now, and still has not progressed. He isnt a spring chicken anymore, they need to trade him while he might still have some precieved value. He isnt physical, he cant PK, he doesnt shoot much and is not a defensive forward either. I just dont know what he brings to the Canucks. He also has the ability to take dumb penalties at the worst possible times.

Pretty brutal period from him, with a couple of moments where I wondered what was going through his brain.  If this is how he responds to top six minutes, I'll drive him to the airport.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

I don’t think Tryamkin sees himself as a goon.

He is certainly able to keep everyone honest though...

MYERS - TRYAMKIN

Man O maN

I agree with this. Especially based on his last time here. Hopefully he's adapted or accepted that he has to be physical because of his size but I honestly think he sees himself as a PMD. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Who needs to be more consistent Mac or Roussel?

McEwen. He’s very close. 
We see it at some point in each player’s career. They suddenly look more solid. They no longer chase the game.

McEwen is aaaaaalmost there.

8 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Jake simply sucks, please be gone at deadline 

Yup. Guys who come in with speed and stop on a dime usually know who is around and what they are gonna do before they stop up. Jake just hits the brakes and has no plan whatsoever after and hopes someone rolls in to bail him out. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Me_ said:

McEwen. He’s very close. 
We see it at some point in each player’s career. They suddenly look more solid. They no longer chase the game.

McEwen is aaaaaalmost there.

Yeah I’m still taking Mac over Roussel rn. Roussel hasn’t looked the same since that injury, still love his energy though.

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I agree with this. Especially based on his last time here. Hopefully he's adapted or accepted that he has to be physical because of his size but I honestly think he sees himself as a PMD. 

That's because he is a PMD.

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Who needs to be more consistent Mac or Roussel?

Mac's pretty consistent when he's in

Rouss is too tbh, problem is that Rouss's consistent hasn't been beneficial to us this season

Just hasn't been the same since his knee injury, it's a damn shame because he was money during his first season here 

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1