The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

9 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I agree with this. Especially based on his last time here. Hopefully he's adapted or accepted that he has to be physical because of his size but I honestly think he sees himself as a PMD. 

I have a feeling that this could be one of the nastiest, most difficult combination of players to play against:

HÖGLANDER - HORVAT - PODKOLZIN

MYERS - TRYAMKIN

DEMKO

Everything else on the team then, is either threatening offense, or stifling defense.

But those 6 together. Watch out.

Hopefully.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Pretty brutal period from him, with a couple of moments where I wondered what was going through his brain.  If this is how he responds to top six minutes, I'll drive him to the airport.

The biggest problem with Virtanen is that he is always given opportunities amd does nothing with them. He doesn't only not do anything with them, he looks like he could care less. He is out there for a Sunday skate most of the time. He will have the odd game and then go silent for 10 or 13 games. It's not worth it to have a player that lacks desire.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Charleston Chew.

Damn I feel old. 

Growing up when attending Canuck games I got to bring a chocolate bar to the game as a treat  and that's the one I always chose.  Pretty sure I picked it because it was the one that would take me the longest to eat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

So much potential to be key player for us.  Really hoping green doesnt screw him up

What what?

Yes to the first part...

Dunno if you’ve noticed Green’s work... He is building careers all over the roster.

Best not to talk much bud.

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

The biggest problem with Virtanen is that he is always given opportunities amd does nothing with them. He doesnlt only not do anything with them, he looks like he could care less. He is out there for a Sunday skate most of the time. He will have the odd game and then go silent for 10 or 13 games. It's not worth it to have a player that lacks desire.

Drive to the net...when you don't know what to do Jake!  How many times he stops with no one around him, and loses possession

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

The biggest problem with Virtanen is that he is always given opportunities amd does nothing with them. He doesn't only not do anything with them, he looks like he could care less. He is out there for a Sunday skate most of the time. He will have the odd game and then go silent for 10 or 13 games. It's not worth it to have a player that lacks desire.

Incredibly frustrating to watch as a fan.   He'll be out of the league by 30 at this rate.

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

I have a feeling that this could be one of the nastiest, most difficult combination of players to pay against:

MYERS - TRYAMKIN

DEMKO

Everything else on the team then, is either threatening offense, or stifling defense.

Hopefully.

Love it but I would go with the Flow instead of Hoggy as much as I like him. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I have a feeling that this could be one of the nastiest, most difficult combination of players to pay against:

MYERS - TRYAMKIN

DEMKO

Hopefully.

I'd love to see that. Hopefully we have the balls to put that together.

• Vintage 1