The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, appleboy said:

We all watched the 2011 NHL finals. We have all seen the league use officiating to turn a game or series around. There is nothing new here.  

NHL games are clearly managed and this just reinforces all of our concerns.    Very , very ,  very sad. 

Betting will make this worse.

What if Luongo threw the games in Boston? :frantic:

Nah...Luongo is too fierce of a competitor to have done that.

I have been whinning about the biased reffing for years...

Finally one gets caught saying how he is basically fixing the game....but he was going to retire anyway....

U Bett man has to come clean and clean house of these bad actors...or admit that it is at his direction that hey do this stuff...story from TSN below...

https://www.tsn.ca/campbell-referee-tim-peel-will-no-longer-will-be-working-nhl-games-now-or-in-the-future-1.1612683

...Late to the party as usual....

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego

Wonder what the reaction of the other Refs in the league will be?

Will they start calling more or put the whistles away?

Hope this is the beginning of a more transparent NHL. I dream of a day when the officials have to answer a few questions in a post game presser.

I don't mind bad calls now and again, I would just like to hear why they occurred. I don't mind different refs having different styles. Maybe if they put their names back on their sweaters and let us all get to know their perspectives then teams can be prepared for what to expect. 

Refs are human and it is a very difficult job. They need better support and systems in place but the days of them being protected to the degree they are has to change.

Go Nucks.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, appleboy said:

This should not be on Tim Peel. He was doing what he is directed to do by the league.

It should be triggering a full revision on how the League works its refereeing.

They're supposed to be unbiased.

This isn’t 1981. This is a multi-billion dollar industry and the game is still not at the level the NFL, NBA and MLB are. 

The “old guard club” mentality needs to stop.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, appleboy said:

This should not be on Tim Peel. He was doing what he is directed to do by the league.

I agree, but they are going to throw him under the bus anyway hoping that nobody will notice that it is a league problem not an individual problem.  I think anyone who watches hockey knows better but they're hoping that they can keep on pretending that the refereeing is fair and impartial.  The NHL is a joke league and has been for quite some time now.  Go Canucks Go (Go F yourself NHL)

• Cheers 1

If we lose this game ... this board might  become insufferable.   2/3 wins until the seasons over is what it's likely going to take .. means we have to win the next two.   All the way until the end need two wins out of three ...Losing two ... means we need to win the next four...losing three means we need to win the next six.  

This team is an adventure to say the least and has been since JB pulled the trigger and brought in Miller and Myers...and of course QHs started.   This year Hogs won a spot and won't take a game off to keep it.    OJ..there is more going on there then we know about.  ED strategy?  Maybe he's injured.   And it's connected, who knows.   

Somehow without EP, the team went on a 8-2-1 record in March or so (now 8-3-1)....  waiting for the other shoe to drop is part of being a Canuck, and old lesson that's hammered us over an over again.

Not sure what to really think of this season overall, but like last one it's a mystery or maybe something worse... but giving they are not giving up on each other why the f!ck should we give up on them?  Sorry for the strong language.  !!!! Respecting the forums rules but where's the respect for the players gutting it out for our us?   i that i'm not too happy about some folks ideas about what being a fan is all about.  Dissing the players and teammates.   Come on.   Or the coaches even if they may or may not be up to snuff.   Not saying we all need to love or like whatever they do.  But this is a FAN forum and think that some need to look into what that definition means - and look into the mirror and maybe think on that for a little while.    A lot of pretenders.   Hiding behind " the highest standards no matter how unreasonable that is ".....  Remember last year when Bobby Ryan, OTT LE anchor, came back and scored a hat-trick?   Sure different circumstances but wow they don't treat him with what LE has had to put up with this sometimes insufferable fan base.   

Point is - why not just freaking enjoy the process?   It is that after all, just a process. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, rychicken said:

brace yourself....Ron MacLean will spin this so much the tornado may be felt all the way out here...

he'll find a way to blame players "like Burrows" that do sneaky things to the poor unsuspecting refs. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can anyone explain to me why on earth Montreal games are being postponed? 

Two nothing players in armia and kotkaniemi have covid? So what? 

Who cares... They are no body compared to JT Miller... Who missed plenty of games yet we got 0 postponed... 

Just makes no sense... JT Miller outscored every clown on that Montreal team... He's a far superior player, yet none of our games got postponed and we had to fight with a depleted roster? 

Yet armia and kotka absence causes cancelation? Brutal league. 

Good for Bergevin and Molson family for lobbying bettman to let their team rest up and heal from all injuries. Brutal. 

If I'm Benning I say we all have covid too and let guys recoup from injuries. Brutal. 

Anyways let's get that W tonight! 

2 hours ago, appleboy said:

We all watched the 2011 NHL finals. We have all seen the league use officiating to turn a game or series around. There is nothing new here.  

NHL games are clearly managed and this just reinforces all of our concerns.    Very , very ,  very sad. 

Betting will make this worse.

can yu possibly imagine how boring the game would be if it weren't managed?  Do you want them to call every single infraction?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

can yu possibly imagine how boring the game would be if it weren't managed?  Do you want them to call every single infraction?

Off course. Get drones to do it. 

Let their be a single standard. It's 2021 we have the technology. 

Only thing holding it back is that these league want to control outcomes to a certain extent