The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

i guess this season's done. 

5-1 loss to Winnipeg tonight. 

Ugh, that hurts. 

At this point, I'm looking forward to the trade deadline and the off-season. Benning and Weisbord can't possibly think about adding to this team at this stage. This team's spirit has been broken, and to make it to the postseason just ain't happening. I know that the players aren't going to quit of course, if there's even a slight chance, they'll keep fighting, which they should of course. But from a fans perspective, this season's done. Shut it down already. Management needs to make moves to reflect that they're looking towards next year, even if it means this current management isn't going to be here. 

Edited by N4ZZY
  • Cheers 1

I think the worst aspect of Aquilini keeping Green around for so long is that guys like Miller, Boeser, and Horvat are going to walk at the first opportunity they get. No one likes playing on  a losing team, but its even more egregious when the coaching staff has no answers and just keeps telling you you're playing well. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

We are spending to the cap with a losing team, and Aquilini paid for us to buy our own AHL affiliate.  Look at the bum paying the Senators in foodstamps for what a bad owner looks like.

That's not necessarily a good thing on Aquilini's part. People keep saying he spends to the cap, and that's part of the problem. The owner thinks he can fix this team's problems by throwing money at it when the team is in clear need of a rebuild.

Just now, Nucksownyou said:

That's not necessarily a good thing on Aquilini's part. People keep saying he spends to the cap, and that's part of the problem. The owner thinks he can fix this team's problems by throwing money at it when the team is in clear need of a rebuild.

Owner's job is to write the checks.  He's doing everything we could expect.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, CptCanuck16 said:

I think the worst aspect of Aquilini keeping Green around for so long is that guys like Miller, Boeser, and Horvat are going to walk at the first opportunity they get. No one likes playing on  a losing team, but its even more egregious when the coaching staff has no answers and just keeps telling you you're playing well. 

what are you saying? cdc logic states having a bad team doesn't effect signing free agents, why would it effect keeping them?

2 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

I don't understand how they're handling Green and his staff. 

He's entering into the final year, there's been no discussions (at least that we know of, or has been reported) of conversations about an extension. 

To me, it's obvious that the owner and management isn't interested in bringing Green back. If they were, he'd have an extension by now.