The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, N4ZZY said:

I don't understand how they're handling Green and his staff. 

He's entering into the final year, there's been no discussions (at least that we know of, or has been reported) of conversations about an extension. 

To me, it's obvious that the owner and management isn't interested in bringing Green back. If they were, he'd have an extension by now. 

Gallant please.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

what are you saying? cdc logic states having a bad team doesn't effect signing free agents, why would it effect keeping them?

I'm saying these guys aren't going to want to stay in Vancouver when their contracts are up because, when you boil it down, there is no hope for the future with the current coaching staff at the helm. Aquilini has stated public he plans to change nothing. Players are too proud to put up with that,  and more importantly, they want to win. 

19 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Owner's job is to write the checks.  He's doing everything we could expect.

Except we have an owner that does more than write checks. He clearly meddles with this team and refuses to let them rebuild when it is needed.

Edited by Nucksownyou
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’m not that old I guess but old enough to understand that haha 

my back has been screwed up since i was 16 and popped a disc lifting weights, the pain was so bad my vision turned into what i could only describe as a fuzzy tv screen without a cable signal, that lasted for a minute then i passed out. i was back working out 5 minutes later, the power of walking it off.

Edited by Petey_BOI

10 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I don't understand how they're handling Green and his staff. 

He's entering into the final year, there's been no discussions (at least that we know of, or has been reported) of conversations about an extension. 

To me, it's obvious that the owner and management isn't interested in bringing Green back. If they were, he'd have an extension by now. 

Aquilini Tweeted directly that he has full trust in Green and his process and plans to change nothing.  Maybe that's smoke and mirrors but if you take him at his word it sounds like Green et all will be back again next year.

Edited by CptCanuck16
  • RoughGame 1

another thing on Benning is that he leaves everything until the last minute and it always costs us. All these staff contracts that are up and nothingnis being done until the end of the year is stupid. Yet he gave Baumgartner and Brown extensions in the middle of the year. It's just bad choice after bad choice and he thinks he's the smartest person im the room. 

• Haha 1

Can olli just play now please. I had my positive fun, Go for the better pick. No middle of the pack pick please lol ( we probably will get 10-14 somehow but maybe luck out and get our classic 5th, With the rangers or blackhawks winning 1st because bettman )

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1