The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The First Rule of Game Management? Don't talk about Game Management

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

According to this article: https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nhl-investigating-incident-involving-official-caught-hot-mic/

Peel and Sutherland were the refs.

Do only refs get mic'd up or is there a chance it was a linesman talking?

seriously doubt a linesman would say that, also do peel and sutherland usually ref together?, never really paid attention to that bit but i dislike the both of them.

• Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, Darkstar said:

The 2011 Cup Final was the moment I lost my true passion for the sport, after the horrendous game management by the referees. This isn't surprising at all. The rules in the NHL are just simply based on the opinion of the refs. I think the NHL is the only major sport where the rules are different in the regular season and playoffs. 

regular season and playoffs?

now that the refs work the whole series between clubs, the rules are different with the same refs 2 night in a row

15 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I used to trust(mostly) guys like McCreary. I doubt honesty & integrity hold much value any more.

His Moustache alone controlled the game.

You dare not disappoint or upset that soup skimmer or else.

The rest of him was pretty in control too, but really, one glimpse at that duster and it's curtains for you.

A career among legends - CollingwoodToday.ca

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, brownky said:

His Moustache alone controlled the game.

You dare not disappoint or upset that soup skimmer or else.

The rest of him was pretty in control too, but really, one glimpse at that duster and it's curtains for you.

A career among legends - CollingwoodToday.ca

Holy Jumpin'..you wrapped that up with a bow!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Could be worse. 

Very interesting ghost, but how does this apply to the subject at hand? As that was a player greed situation not related to refereeing.

NHL athletes make outrageous money, so it is surely not game management on their part,

2 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Very interesting ghost, but how does this apply to the subject at hand? As that was a player greed situation not related to refereeing.

NHL athletes make outrageous money, so it is surely not game management on their part,

Still has to do with honesty in the game. Be it the players, or ref's, or owners. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Not surprising, but now what will be done?....

NOTHING.

Correction, if I may. Something will be done about it. The NHL will review their allowance of live mics on officials, probably moving back towards having mics only at the penalty boxes.

regards,  G.

• Cheers 3

9 hours ago, Nucksownyou said:

And people say we are being paranoid about how the refs constantly screw over the Canucks.

To be fair, this is evidence that this type of activity has affected more teams than just the Canucks.  :)

regards,  G.