The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The First Rule of Game Management? Don't talk about Game Management

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

So was this goal disallowed as the title of the video suggests? Is there a rule that a goal cannot be scored if it's off a ref?

Ultimately no goal because the puck didn’t touch anything or anybody before going in. Otherwise it would have counted.

9 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Well f#$% the game on tonight, I got better things to waste my time on surprisingly.  If the NHL continues to favor teams over the other then why bother watching?  Anyone who says this isn't a big deal should either go back and watch the 2011 SCF or re-read what have wrote on here after.  We were all outraged at the officiating.  

I agree that the officiating in the 2011 finals was ludicrous, but CDC isn't a great source, and it has little to do with this incident.

Edited by GoCanucks16

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

Ultimately no goal because the puck didn’t touch anything or anybody before going in. Otherwise it would have counted.

So it cannot directly go in off a ref? I don't see how that is different than it going off a stanchion or another player and in. Unless they're concerned about ref's "game management" and scoring goals for teams intentionally.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

His actions have been dishonest for his entire career, along with the subhuman piece of feces he was talking to.

Oh, never mind, now I see I'm replying to the King of Hyperbole, my bad.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

No surprise, fans have known refs to be corrupt for years. They do it for the league. Peel just made the mistake of opening his mouth and getting himself caught, making the league look bad in the process. After this, the Auger thing, and 2011 nobody gets to tell Nucks fans not to be skeptical of the refs. 

Of course it goes deeper than Peel, it's not just gonna be one guy. NHL just playing damage control, their integrity ain't worth the $&!# in my cat's litter box. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

Why was what Pool said dishonest?

I don’t think he said anything dishonest. He was being very honest when he said “it wasn’t much but I wanted to get a f#!@in penalty against Nashville early in the...”   

“I wanted” is the problem. The game should not be about what Tim Peel wants.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

The league says they deal with poor officiating, but they need to start making any discipline public instead of dealing with it behind closed door cause right now we don't know if what they say about discipline is even true. 

That would go a long way in fixing the reffing.

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

No surprise, fans have known refs to be corrupt for years. They do it for the league. Peel just made the mistake of opening his mouth and getting himself caught, making the league look bad in the process. After this, the Auger thing, and 2011 nobody gets to tell Nucks fans not to be skeptical of the refs. 

Of course it goes deeper than Peel, it's not just gonna be one guy. NHL just playing damage control, their integrity ain't worth the $&!# in my cat's litter box. 

Include the Andy Van Hellemond scandal in the earl 2000s. Head of officiating assigning games to officials who had lent him money and firing a couple who wouldn’t.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, GoCanucks16 said:

If there was no "game management" and everything was called by the book, the Canucks would spend a lot more time on the penalty kill. The current iteration of our team gets away with A LOT.

Every team does and every team gets jobbed on calls as well. There is zero consistency in the calls. Egregious actual infractions are seemingly ignored and actions that aren’t infractions are penalized. The standards fluctuate like the tide at the Bay of Fundy. 

• Cheers 2