The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sportsnet 650 introduces new weekday lineup, starting March 29

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Except for Taylor, I am not sure who most of these people are but I will give it a test run (again) - so far, all Ive heard when 1040 got canned and tried 650, was was a negative narrative & alot of lecturing - guess, I' ll find out if it is different.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

38 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Except for Taylor, I am not sure who most of these people are but I will give it a test run (again) - so far, all Ive heard when 1040 got canned and tried 650, was was a negative narrative & alot of lecturing - guess, I' ll find out if it is different.

This is Vancouver media, your still going to get negative narrative. Negativity and drama sells.

• Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 1

38 minutes ago, aGENT said:

This is Vancouver media, your still going to get negative narrative. Negativity and drama sells.

I agree but with no other choice at the moment, I will give the segment with Donnie a try; the rest Ive heard.  At this point, I dont have high expectations and for awhile now I have just watched the game and engaged in a few forums to dicsuss the Canucks.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

8 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I agree but with no other choice at the moment, I will give the segment with Donnie a try; the rest Ive heard.  At this point, I dont have high expectations and for awhile now I have just watched the game and engaged in a few forums to dicsuss the Canucks.

Pretty much any of the media I consume I basically subtract all the melodramatic hearsay and just try to absorb the facts. Less 'engaging' but a lot better for the cortisol levels :lol:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

– Local fan-favourites Mike Halford and Jason Brough sign on to anchor SN650 morning drive show
– Radio veteran Karen Surman to co-host midday timeslot alongside Scott Rintoul for both Vancouver and Calgary stations
– Don Taylor to join SN650 as regular contributor to the afternoon drive show with new co-hosts Satiar Shah, Dan Riccio and Randip Janda

https://media.sportsnet.ca/2021/03/sportsnet-650-introduces-new-weekday-lineup-starting-march-29/

Sorry to hear that, I'll just have to continue not to listen...  

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Ditto

and feed on the stupid for clickbait or otherwise, be nice to just have the facts but that's just asking way too much... wayyyyy too much... nothing new for Vancouver media though, they lost my ear 20+ years ago and 5-10 mins of watching, listening, or reading anytime now makes me feel better about not paying attention to it. However it is kind of funny how many people actually fall for their bs and believe it..  

1 hour ago, Baratheon said:

They don't claim to be haha  

They always give full credit to the actual experts that they have on the shows.   

the actual reporters are almost worse, take Jeff Patterson for instance, what a brainless jack ass.. he's painful to read, how on earth does he even get paid to write the $&!#e he writes???  

3 hours ago, rychicken said:

so sorry for voicing my opinion, please put me on ignore now, because there will be more.

No one cares about your opinion, btw.  Its the posters who aren't smart enough to separate their feelings about how they feel someone does their job with their "opinion" on the actual person the shows how shallow they are.