The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sportsnet 650 introduces new weekday lineup, starting March 29

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Wonder if any of them are on CDC?

If they are holding down a 'professional' gig, I think they should have to identify themselves on here.

How many of our 'trolls' are actually media fishing for ideas, testing out theories, stirring the pot, driving traffic, etc?

• Vintage 1

18 hours ago, aGENT said:

I approve these changes. Especially the removal of 'C-ball' and the addition of Taylor.

Remember when C-ball replaced Taylor on TV?  

Not a C-ball fan.  They're replacing 1 idiot with 2 others.  Though I'll give it to H & B, they're not as idiotic as the outgoing host.

Surman is quality and so is Taylor.

Edited by Crabcakes
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

If they are holding down a 'professional' gig, I think they should have to identify themselves on here.

How many of our 'trolls' are actually media fishing for ideas, testing out theories, stirring the pot, driving traffic, etc?

it is time we come clean......this is Jack Fig and I, we are kinda famous

image.jpeg.2a7eb5b43a2ea58b49bbd86b9cd3c914.jpeg

Edited by rychicken
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Love the Don Taylor add... glad he's back on the radio. More excited for his TV show on Check tho :)

He better be getting $50k per appearance after the bush league stunt Rogers pulled by taking him off TV in the first place! :lol:

Such great memories with Donnie. I teared up over his tribute on the final episode of connected... the day Rogers ruined regional hockey coverage for everyone but laughs fans.

Donnie never played for this glorious franchise, but for some reason it feels like he did... I pretty much learned English by obsessively watching his show mornings before school and nights before bed... would always be upset on the odd occasion that they had someone subbing for Donnie lol

I know its weird to say this but looking back, I guess he was kind of a father figure for me... dad left at 7, started watching Donnie around 10 years old... Donnie was there for me always haha :P

Always loved his energy and his happy go lucky attitude. Was it his left Habby? Or his left Bulin? Still cracks me up :lol:

I'll leave this here...

My handle is from Donnie...

”Daniel ‘D-Money’ Sedin”

Big fan of Halford and Brough. Their humour is right up my alley. But they also have a good grasp on the league as a whole.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 hours ago, iceman64 said:

and feed on the stupid for clickbait or otherwise, be nice to just have the facts but that's just asking way too much... wayyyyy too much... nothing new for Vancouver media though, they lost my ear 20+ years ago and 5-10 mins of watching, listening, or reading anytime now makes me feel better about not paying attention to it. However it is kind of funny how many people actually fall for their bs and believe it..  

Yeah, I’ve mostly tuned them out and just have discussions with other fans instead after watching a game

3 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, I’ve mostly tuned them out and just have discussions with other fans instead after watching a game

Oh the JT Miller bit made me howl in laughter, we got him for a song, not only did he sit in the top of the league in scoring the team had another experienced leader who won't take crap from anyone... but they left the last part out and couldn't see that part of his value as a player... like f'n DUH!!! and most jumped on it and rode it like a horse... blind leading the stupid! geez some just refuse to think for themselves I guess but what idiocy, I laughed so hard and just shook my head and the even harder as he passed a lot of players in the scoring derby and the other right there at the points dept as him have HUGE salaries... not even counting his other qualities even, I don't get it... how can anyone follow that bs without digging deeper and seeing what kind of baseless opinions they spew right there with the reg media..  painful to say the least! I still laugh about it everytime I see or hear JT's name... and the king of it all, Petey is too slight to make the NHL, doing like he did and gaining weight just couldn't be fathomed I suppose and right there how Bo was a set to be a career 3rd line center... good grief! TFF! 

On 3/25/2021 at 11:39 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

– Local fan-favourites Mike Halford and Jason Brough sign on to anchor SN650 morning drive show
– Radio veteran Karen Surman to co-host midday timeslot alongside Scott Rintoul for both Vancouver and Calgary stations
– Don Taylor to join SN650 as regular contributor to the afternoon drive show with new co-hosts Satiar Shah, Dan Riccio and Randip Janda

https://media.sportsnet.ca/2021/03/sportsnet-650-introduces-new-weekday-lineup-starting-march-29/

Sorry to hear that, I'll just have to continue not to listen...  

4 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Oh the JT Miller bit made me howl in laughter, we got him for a song, not only did he sit in the top of the league in scoring the team had another experienced leader who won't take crap from anyone... but they left the last part out and couldn't see that part of his value as a player... like f'n DUH!!! and most jumped on it and rode it like a horse... blind leading the stupid! geez some just refuse to think for themselves I guess but what idiocy, I laughed so hard and just shook my head and the even harder as he passed a lot of players in the scoring derby and the other right there at the points dept as him have HUGE salaries... not even counting his other qualities even, I don't get it... how can anyone follow that bs without digging deeper and seeing what kind of baseless opinions they spew right there with the reg media..  painful to say the least! I still laugh about it everytime I see or hear JT's name... and the king of it all, Petey is too slight to make the NHL, doing like he did and gaining weight just couldn't be fathomed I suppose and right there how Bo was a set to be a career 3rd line center... good grief! TFF! 

Sorry to hear that, I'll just have to continue not to listen...  

Yeah, that line up is looking week and will probably do the same...

On 3/25/2021 at 11:53 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I love that Craigh MacEwen is coming back into the fold. He is the producer of 650, but he did some solid work as Sportnets reporter for the Canucks for years. He has great insight and has a real good pulse on this market. I was listening lots to him over the past week as he was on with Bik Nizzar.

I like this lineup.

Andrew Walker good riddance, James and Perry were annoying as hell as they often interrupted each other and more annoyingly their guests.

Love the addition of Karen Surman, she was great on 1040. The strongest segment IMO is Sat Shah, Randip Janda and Dan Riccio. Some heavy weights in that group.

Late to the party, but happy to celebrate those three bozos off the air.  Walker was a pompous a**, or pretended to be because he thought that was a cool schtick. Cybulski and Solkowski I'd mix up all the time not just because of their last names.  They both acted like they were trying really really really hard to be like a 1040 show, but failing badly. They both sounded the same, and constantly talked over each other with increasingly idiotic content.

After their show it was such a mic drop change from a couple of idiots to Rintoul's serious takes on sports. That's why it will be good for Rintoul to have Karen as a co-host for balance.

I still prefer Donny and the Moj to the afternoon show on 650.  Sat is also annoying to listen to.  Breathe Sat, breathe. Relax a little. Jeez the guy speaks like he's trying to get in as many words as he can in about 2 minutes straight. He also can take things way too serious and gets defensive about the smallest things. I think he should have stayed in the producer's room.  I also think 2 hosts + a good producer who chimes in or even has their own segment ie. Henderson, is the perfect number.  The 3 host show for the afternoon on 650 is too many voices trying to talk at the same time. And then they want to stir in Donny? (only twice a week)

Ideally I preferred two sports stations. It was a luxury to be able to switch stations if one of them was droning on about "March madness" or Tiger Woods gossip, (sorry if some are into those topics) or whatever.  The point is you could flip over and 9 times out of 10 the other station would be talking Canucks.

But I was hoping that 650 would pilfer talent lost on 1040.  Glad about Halford and Brough back on air, although I wish they'd be on a little later.  I wonder what the Moj will be doing now?  And I liked having some thing to listen to on Saturday afternoons if I had the time with Wadden and  JD Burke's Rinkwide. So I'd like to see that back too.