The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Anton Stralman

11 hours ago, theo5789 said:

But would the Cats go for it?

11 hours ago, buddhahoodlum said:

Especially since he plays for Florida B)

10 hours ago, c00kies said:

"Hey Tampa, what do you think of a deal surrounding Eriksson for Stralman? We could add a mid-late pick too!"

"Ehhh I don't think Florida would go for it, and please stop calling me for advice on your trade proposals"

Oops :lol:

I’m gonna leave it up though. Flame away. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, theo5789 said:

But would the Cats go for it?

11 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Still 8 more points than Eriksson has.....

And Florida has the cap space to afford an extra $500,000. 

But I doubt the Panthers are that stupid. 

Wouldn't we have to protect him at expansion? 

Eriksson has less actual cash owing on his deal. That could be of some benefit to a cash poor team. Just have to add enough '+' to make the player swap worthwhile. 

But I'm guessing we'll probably see a team with cap space claim him and retain while renting him to a contender.

15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Eriksson has less actual cash owing on his deal. That could be of some benefit to a cash poor team. Just have to add enough '+' to make the player swap worthwhile. 

But I'm guessing we'll probably see a team with cap space claim him and retain while renting him to a contender.

baseball joke GIF

Eriksson for Stralman makes sense. Florida saves 1.5 million in cash and losing $500k in cap space next year doesn’t really impact them. Canucks save $500k in cap in the trade but also get a Jordie Benn replacement for next season so saving effectively $.5-$1.5 million in cap space (5 for Eriksson in the minors an plus 1-2 million it would cost for a Stralman-level dman)

8 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

Eriksson for Stralman makes sense. Florida saves 1.5 million in cash and losing $500k in cap space next year doesn’t really impact them. Canucks save $500k in cap in the trade but also get a Jordie Benn replacement for next season so saving effectively $.5-$1.5 million in cap space (5 for Eriksson in the minors an plus 1-2 million it would cost for a Stralman-level dman)

Florida now isn’t the organization of a few years ago.  They are a playoff team looking to make noise.  They don’t want to downgrade their roster to save a few bucks.

They are almost certainly trying to make cap space to add a piece for a playoff run.

54 minutes ago, Provost said:

Florida now isn’t the organization of a few years ago.  They are a playoff team looking to make noise.  They don’t want to downgrade their roster to save a few bucks.

They are almost certainly trying to make cap space to add a piece for a playoff run.

except they already had 9 mil in cap space... 

I guess they could be making room for Hall plus some cap for a smaller deal but Hall has the stink of failure on him and is not worth it. So I hope they do it :) I want FLA punished for screwing us with the recapture. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I guess they could be making room for Hall plus some cap for a smaller deal but Hall has the stink of failure on him and is not worth it. So I hope they do it :) I want FLA punished for screwing us with the recapture. 

I can imagine that they are going to try to load up with a couple of piece.  I also just looked and Juulsen is on his conditioning stint. so maybe it is just a move to make roster room and waive the guy least likely to get picked up on waivers.  That is a pretty big stretch because it isn't likely they value Forsling that highly to risk losing a veteran D man in Stralman who would be great depth for a playoff run.

• Cheers 1

On 3/27/2021 at 8:06 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

I would argue, that the league could had also handled this situation better cause other teams like NJ that did something very similar (Kovalchuk) was able to work something out with the League.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I would argue, that the league could had also handled this situation better cause other teams like NJ that did something similar (Kovalchuk) was able to to work something out with the League instead..

The blame lies with Luongo to me.

He could have gone on LTIR with no issue... any doctor would sign off on it as his body was just worn out from a long career and breaking down from lots of injuries.

He decided not to, just to save a few cap bucks for the Panthers even though it would cost us millions.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1