The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Seven years without a clear plan from Canucks brass.

Rate this topic

appleboy

Just now, aGENT said:

Can you insult something that doesn't exist? :P

And just because someone has a different idea on how to build a team doesn't mean they're 'incompetent'.

Look at the team before you and explain to me how that isn’t exquisitely incompetent salary cap management. We have a young core ready to burst out of this metaphorical capcoon surrounding them. 
We don’t have the money to improve our team lol. We actually have to hope Seattle throws us a life line and takes one of our horrible contracts so we can fit the players we have hahaha. And you’re telling me this is building a team. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Convincing John said:

Look at the team before you and explain to me how that isn’t exquisitely incompetent salary cap management. We have a young core ready to burst out of this metaphorical capcoon surrounding them. 
We don’t have the money to improve our team lol. We actually have to hope Seattle throws us a life line and takes one of our horrible contracts so we can fit the players we have hahaha. And you’re telling me this is building a team. 

Yes we do, improvement was always going to come from within... And it's coming. 

And I disagree that it's time to 'burst' yet. We need to get Pettersson, Hughes, Hoglander, Juolevi, Rathbone, Podkolzin etc some more miles on them before we're ready to make that 'burst' push.

And would you look, all those expensive and/or injured vets will be off at that point... Kinda like it was planned or something!

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, aGENT said:

Yes we do, improvement was always going to come from within... And it's coming. 

And I disagree that it's time to 'burst' yet. We need to get Pettersson, Hughes, Hoglander, Juolevi, Rathbone, Podkolzin etc some more miles on them before we're ready to make that 'burst' push.

And would you look, all those expensive and/or injured vets will be off at that point... Kinda like it was planned or something!

The only plan he has when those expensive vets get off the books is replacing them with more expensive vets. He already started using that up with Tanner “Generic top 6 forward you can acquire at any point in any era past present or future” Pearson for the next 3 years. Planned hahahaha. K 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

The only plan he has when those expensive vets get off the books is replacing them with more expensive vets. He already started using that up with Tanner “Generic top 6 forward you can acquire at any point in any era past present or future” Pearson for the next 3 years. Planned hahahaha. K 

Just because you don't like/understand the plan...

It's a free country. You're allowed not to like it. Doesn't make you right or Benning wrong. Doesn't mean there isn't a plan.

And I hate to break it to you but $3m on a short 3 year term isn't 'expensive'. Especially for a solid, 2 way, middle 6 F. I expected we'd bring him back to both push and shelter Hoglander and Podkolzin and lo and behold, here he is. Almost like I could tell what the plan was....

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Just because you don't like/understand the plan...

It's a free country. You're allowed not to like it. Doesn't make you right or Benning wrong. Doesn't mean there isn't a plan.

And I hate to break it to you but $3m on a short 3 year term isn't 'expensive'. Especially for a solid, 2 way, middle 6 F. I expected we'd bring him back to both push and shelter Hoglander and Podkolzin and lo and behold, here he is. Almost like I could tell what the plan was....

You have nothing. You’re a parrot. I keep feeding you crackers and you keep saying the same stuff over and over. $3m is a lot when you don’t have $3m. Why couldn’t he just chill? He already said he wasn’t trading anyone cause of Covid. What is wrong with just waiting and seeing what is going on? I’m not going to even get into how abundant a Left Shooting winger is in the NHL. There is absolutely nothing special about Pearson. There is no need to race for the pen. This is the Birth of another turd, in 3 years you’ll be telling me how good he is at killing penalties and insulating our young guys with his 7 goals and 8 assists in 57 games. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

15 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

You have nothing. You’re a parrot. I keep feeding you crackers and you keep saying the same stuff over and over. $3m is a lot when you don’t have $3m. Why couldn’t he just chill? He already said he wasn’t trading anyone cause of Covid. What is wrong with just waiting and seeing what is going on? I’m not going to even get into how abundant a Left Shooting winger is in the NHL. There is absolutely nothing special about Pearson. There is no need to race for the pen. This is the Birth of another turd, in 3 years you’ll be telling me how good he is at killing penalties and insulating our young guys with his 7 goals and 8 assists in 57 games. 

And you keep parroting the same ill informed, regurgitated talking points of that desperate, click baiting media. Congrats Mr kettle.

Have a good night Ritchie Valens.

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

I love when the Benning cult talk about this idea of a plan, mostly because they can't ever tell you what it is but are adamant one exists.  

Like, how can level-headed people look at the comments from March about being two years away and then look at the Pearson signing, comments about this TD, all the talk of riding the Demko hot streak and not selling, etc and think there's any semblance of congruency in the words and actions of these criminals being employed in management?

Just an all around joke lmao.

• Cheers 3

13 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

The Draft God lol 

sure, whatever. 

Add Tree to the list and he’s not looking so hot on drafting decent Canucks outside of his lottery picks, save BPA, BB. 

I agree too much undeserved credit 

He never was Scouting for this team, (something he gets credit for here ,like we don't actually hire scouts)

He was to be Managing, yet so many good people have surprisingly left with the challenge of bringing a winning team here, before taking on another challenge

When has another manager of ours had consistent top picks , the core unsigned, while up against the cap and at the bottom of the standings for this length of time?

I like some of the young talent on this team, I don't have a idea who would be a good choice for GM, but i don't believe the one we have will get us to where we want to be and if they keep him much longer, let's hope i am wrong

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

He as a plan...a beautiful plan. Many people say its the best plan they have ever seen.  And only Jim can do it.  Nobody knows more about planning and managing an NHL team than Jim does. Nobody. And if they say otherwise they are part of the radical left and most likely Leaf fans too. 

It is the hugest plan ever.

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

It is the hugest plan ever.

Or perhaps the Hughiest plan?

ie...hide behind Brackett's HIS EXCLUSIVE luck/achievement to draft Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes as the proof that the Grand Plan is unfolding just the way he envisioned it 7 years ago.

4 hours ago, kilgore said:

He as a plan...a beautiful plan. Many people say its the best plan they have ever seen.  And only Jim can do it.  Nobody knows more about planning and managing an NHL team than Jim does. Nobody. And if they say otherwise they are part of the radical left and most likely Leaf fans too. 

guy joker GIF

• Haha 2