The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Don't really feel like posting much here on CDC anymore as my nose is out of joint due to having innocent posts removed. Would love an explanation but won't hold my breath. 

Anyway, cant help myself cause I have a question.

If some players have the P1 variant (though BHen says she hasn't heard that) and some players have good old reg covid.

Does that mean, at the same time, players were exposed to two different sources of covid? 

certainly thats possible for sure, since everyone goes home and has the usual risks we all have. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

certainly thats possible for sure, since everyone goes home and has the usual risks we all have. 

Thanks,

I don't know the details of their bubble/restrictions. Just thought it was a bit a of coincidence to have two different strains pop up at relatively the same time.

geez, that's hurtin', and they may need to get real creative

Vesey - Miller - Boeser

Baertschi - Graovac - Eriksson

Gadjovich - Lind - Jasek

Rathbone - Focht - Lockwood

Benn - Schmidt

Juolevi - Brisebois

Sautner - Teves

DiPietro

Silovs

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Thanks,

I don't know the details of their bubble/restrictions. Just thought it was a bit a of coincidence to have two different strains pop up at relatively the same time.

I'd like to hear from a epidemiologist on it, but the mechanics of overlapping strains is probably really complex. In the US now the UK strain is in all 50 states, and they probably have P1 too. How that all interacts is something I'd like to see explained. 

• Cheers 4

I also wonder how this will affect the trade deadline for the Canucks. They would normally be sellers this year, but will anyone want our players? (especially linked to COVID)

Sometimes it seems that if the Canucks didn't have any bad luck, they'd have no luck at all. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I also wonder how this will affect the trade deadline for the Canucks. They would normally be sellers this year, but will anyone want our players? (especially linked to COVID)

Sometimes it seems that if the Canucks didn't have any bad luck, they'd have no luck at all. 

I would think the guys out just on precaution would still be in play by the 12th. I don't expect any moves but we'll see. 

13 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Logically, the only player that isn’t on the COVID list and could be used as a trade chip is Benn. But then again, the market for a player like Benn wouldn’t be really high.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I can't help thinking (again) how stupid Marjorie Taylor Greene (US Republican) is. Her latest video showed her working out with a caption that read "This is my anti-COVID plan". Think how many elite athletes who have contacted this virus.

• Vintage 4

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

https://www.covid-19canada.com/

Quebec

Ontario

Saskatchewan

Manitoba

Alberta

All have more cases per million than B.C.

Seems Dr Henry, and the people of B.C. maybe doing a better job than some would credit her for.

Also people thinking these rules being changed all the time as being bad governance have it completely backwards, imo.

I'm happy as hell to see the rules change, as the situation and knowledge changes.

BC has done 1.5 million less tests than Alberta (and Alberta has a smaller population).

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

https://www.covid-19canada.com/

Quebec

Ontario

Saskatchewan

Manitoba

Alberta

All have more cases per million than B.C.

Seems Dr Henry, and the people of B.C. maybe doing a better job than some would credit her for.

Also people thinking these rules being changed all the time as being bad governance have it completely backwards, imo.

I'm happy as hell to see the rules change, as the situation and knowledge changes.

Even if we accounted for Ontario being 3x our population and moved our test level from 2 million and change to 6 million and change, we'd still be 6 million tests below what Ontario has done.

11 minutes ago, GSP* said:

Even if we accounted for Ontario being 3x our population and moved our test level from 2 million and change to 6 million and change, we'd still be 6 million tests below what Ontario has done.

Less testing wil obviously result in less postive test results.

Is it your contention that we are doing less tests because the government is afraid to see the results.?

My opinion is we are doing less tests because we have less people feeling sick and going to get tested.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Easy solution Trade the healthy players

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

They won't make a deal. That's my prediction.

1 hour ago, wloutet said:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I can't help thinking (again) how stupid Marjorie Taylor Greene (US Republican) is. Her latest video showed her working out with a caption that read "This is my anti-COVID plan". Think how many elite athletes who have contacted this virus.

I have posted about MMA fighters before.  Peak athletes. 

Here's another. This one a is champion.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-Champ-Alexander-Volkanovski-Shares-Difficult-Experience-with-COVID19-178650

“I started feeling it in the lungs a little bit, and I started feeling uncomfortable,” Volkanovski said “I started coughing up phlegm, and it was coming up pinky bloody with a bit of blood in there … That’s when I thought maybe we should start looking into this. I was having bad fevers and headaches, but that’s sort of common. So I started talking with him about it, and that’s when I was thinking maybe we need a check up...

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1