The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I dont know what's stupid about it except for DEM vs GOP politics.

The Kippin pull ups. 

I mean, come on. There's not much 'pulling' going on there. Maybe they should be called Swing ups? Momentum ups? 

Just teasing. You're right healthy life style, exercise etc should help. That said, i know you know the struggles of a lot of the MMA guys. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The Kippin pull ups. 

I mean, come on. There's not much 'pulling' going on there. Maybe they should be called Swing ups? Momentum ups? 

Just teasing. You're right healthy life style, exercise etc should help. That said, i know you know the struggles of a lot of the MMA guys. 

Yes I know Khamzat went thru a difficult period and I posted here about it. 

But he might have contributed to it. He wasn't following his doctors advice. Dana White flew him out to Vegas and then went public with the info.

Dana said Khamzat is being told to take some time off training but he's not listening to his doctors.

Khamzat is a beast and can't stop doing beastly training. He's apparently listening to his doctors last few weeks and is now healed with a possible fight coming soon vs Neal Magney. 

With Volk doctors repeatedly told him he is young and healthy and not to worry, told him he'd be fine..

Imagine he was fat and unhealthy instead of being healthy and fit and in top cardio shape. How would have Covid affected him in that case.. 

Bottom line.. excercise should be part of everyone's covid plan. To call it stupid is well... stupid.. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

With Volk doctors repeatedly told him he is young and healthy and not to worry, told him he'd be fine..

Imagine he was fat and unhealthy instead of being healthy and fit and in top cardio shape. How would have Covid affected him in that case.. 

Bottom line.. excercise should be part of everyone's covid plan. To call it stupid is well... stupid.. 

Yep.

Agreed.

The way it hit Volk, a lesser man could have died. 

Heart rate went down to 35 bpms. Yikes.

Edit: In context though, the post was about that crazy conspiracy lady. She's as stupid as they come. And just working out as she seemed to imply isn't enough to protect one from this virus. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

geez, that's hurtin', and they may need to get real creative

Vesey - Miller - Boeser

Baertschi - Graovac - Eriksson

Gadjovich - Lind - Jasek

Rathbone - Focht - Lockwood

Benn - Schmidt

Juolevi - Brisebois

Sautner - Teves

DiPietro

Silovs

Opposing teams could be Focht if they played against our 4th line.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

This post scares me.

When I was in ER a month and a half ago the alarms kept going off on my monitor as my heart rate kept dropping to 40.  I take my BP all the time and it has h/r and I know mine's always around 72'ish...so thought the monitor was broken.  But apparently it wasn't.  Didn't realize it's THAT concerning.  Yikes.

Fitness is always a good focus...sure does help strengthen the cardiovascular system and boost immunity which can help recovery.  Drinking lots of water and...a real important one as well, reducing stress too.

Thats scary. 

Hey Deb did you also have covid? Dont mean to ask you personal health matters in a public forum so it's all good if you don't wish to share.

But just asking because one of my best friends his mom I talked about in previous posts. She was in hospital last cpl weeks ago and her heart rate dropped super low too. I'm not sure exactly how low I'll ask her tomorrow. But it was super low and she was on 24/7 watch. 

11 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I hope the Leafs get to play Montreal in the first round and have their AHL defense exposed.

Yeah, it will be hard for the Zebras to fix that one...  Anyways, good chance the team with the solid goalie performance will win the series.

• Cheers 1